Zander and Nyn's Ebolaids Mafia Game

1. Leelou is actually being villagery.

2. Pac went at DPR for a reason that made no sense to me and has generally seemed more instigative than interested.

3. Verbal can be a villager for now because Leelou said so.

4. Nolder's was pretty chill and natural in his catch-up but didn't really do much with it.  A lot of side commentary, votes for something out of the joke phase, I personally couldn't care less about the self-vote and his response to that was fine, but meh overall.

5. 80 I have no read on whatsoever.  First time he posted one of those big lists I thought it was a joke but I guess it wasn't.  I can't imagine how anyone has a precise order to the whole roster like that so early, but apparently he does this every game?  Otherwise he's not been memorable.

6. dice's tone @ Nolder was awkward as ****, but he comes off that way to me as either alignment as often as not, hence why i wasn't very interested in pursuing it.  Entering this game with an immediate meaningful case on someone is more likely to come from his town game, but the policy basis of it is kind of meh.  Scum!Dice has a habit of picking up on rule and out-of-game issues to look busy, and I don't know that Nolder defying weird Nolder policy shtick is much different.  (And Dice knows as well as most of us that Nolder self-votes more often than the average cat in spite of his rants about it.)  I need to see Dice expand more.

7. Hallia hasn't done much.

8. DPR's push back on Pac felt a little overextended (bitching at the mod is not wolfy unless your argument is that Pac gets really bitchy when he's a wolf).  His line @ Lissa and Visor about Dice felt a little slimy.  This idea that "if you guys are seeing it too I'll look deeper there" is hard to swallow.  If you're a villager and you think you smell a wolf you dig into it with or without consensus support.

10. Calder is villagery so far.

11. Lizard King is a goof who ought to be easy to read with meta but apparently isn't :???:.  No idea here.

12. Notbob without ISOing him it's felt like he's being combative without really calling people wolf much.  I'm used to him dropping unexplained reads out of nowhere and pushing people hard without giving much reason.  Here he's been getting into arguments but it didn't feel to me like he was making much in the way of judgments in the process.  I might end up going "oh nevermind" when I get to the ISO though.

13. Smash no clue.

14. JiF taking me seriously when I claimed wolf (with him) was ridiculous but I don't know if that makes it wolfy.  He's been otherwise unmemorable.

15. The Crusher I'm not sure what he thought was so great about Nolder's catch-up posts just now, but he's generally sat well with me for reasons that aren't worth much.

16. Visor 17. Lissa both in the same boat here, came into a foreign environment that's a fair deal different from any other site I've played on and they've both been mostly quiet through it.  Both picked up on Dice's post, which was legit the wolfiest thing anyone's said all game.  If I didn't know Dice I'd want to lynch him right now.  They could both be villagers.

All of these reads are stupidly shallow and don't hover far from null.

Pac/DPR most likely interaction to contain a wolf imo.

God a lot of you are wolfy though.

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

The difference in effort when Smash is town vs. Scum is ocean size.  

This might be a great place to apply pressure.  He avoids the thread like the plague as scum and after last game, you see how he plays when he thinks he has an important town role.

I'd like to hear who all agrees/disagrees with this.

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

The difference in effort when Smash is town vs. Scum is ocean size.  

This might be a great place to apply pressure.  He avoids the thread like the plague as scum and after last game, you see how he plays when he thinks he has an important town role.

I'd like to hear who all agrees/disagrees with this.

29 minutes ago, Shad said:

1. Leelou is actually being villagery.

2. Pac went at DPR for a reason that made no sense to me and has generally seemed more instigative than interested.

3. Verbal can be a villager for now because Leelou said so.

4. Nolder's was pretty chill and natural in his catch-up but didn't really do much with it.  A lot of side commentary, votes for something out of the joke phase, I personally couldn't care less about the self-vote and his response to that was fine, but meh overall.

5. 80 I have no read on whatsoever.  First time he posted one of those big lists I thought it was a joke but I guess it wasn't.  I can't imagine how anyone has a precise order to the whole roster like that so early, but apparently he does this every game?  Otherwise he's not been memorable.

6. dice's tone @ Nolder was awkward as ****, but he comes off that way to me as either alignment as often as not, hence why i wasn't very interested in pursuing it.  Entering this game with an immediate meaningful case on someone is more likely to come from his town game, but the policy basis of it is kind of meh.  Scum!Dice has a habit of picking up on rule and out-of-game issues to look busy, and I don't know that Nolder defying weird Nolder policy shtick is much different.  (And Dice knows as well as most of us that Nolder self-votes more often than the average cat in spite of his rants about it.)  I need to see Dice expand more.

7. Hallia hasn't done much.

8. DPR's push back on Pac felt a little overextended (bitching at the mod is not wolfy unless your argument is that Pac gets really bitchy when he's a wolf).  His line @ Lissa and Visor about Dice felt a little slimy.  This idea that "if you guys are seeing it too I'll look deeper there" is hard to swallow.  If you're a villager and you think you smell a wolf you dig into it with or without consensus support.

10. Calder is villagery so far.

11. Lizard King is a goof who ought to be easy to read with meta but apparently isn't :???:.  No idea here.

12. Notbob without ISOing him it's felt like he's being combative without really calling people wolf much.  I'm used to him dropping unexplained reads out of nowhere and pushing people hard without giving much reason.  Here he's been getting into arguments but it didn't feel to me like he was making much in the way of judgments in the process.  I might end up going "oh nevermind" when I get to the ISO though.

13. Smash no clue.

14. JiF taking me seriously when I claimed wolf (with him) was ridiculous but I don't know if that makes it wolfy.  He's been otherwise unmemorable.

15. The Crusher I'm not sure what he thought was so great about Nolder's catch-up posts just now, but he's generally sat well with me for reasons that aren't worth much.

16. Visor 17. Lissa both in the same boat here, came into a foreign environment that's a fair deal different from any other site I've played on and they've both been mostly quiet through it.  Both picked up on Dice's post, which was legit the wolfiest thing anyone's said all game.  If I didn't know Dice I'd want to lynch him right now.  They could both be villagers.

All of these reads are stupidly shallow and don't hover far from null.

Pac/DPR most likely interaction to contain a wolf imo.

God a lot of you are wolfy though.

Does logic ever enter that world where many of you reside full of unicorns, lollipops, and larpers running amok?

What sense does it make for someone who is "wolfy" (which is a word I never plan on typing again) to kick the door in and instigate with their first few posts?  To me that kind of behavior is commensurate with someone who isn't trying to curry favor with our gentle new field of players.

JiF is now pinging.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Does logic ever enter that world where many of you reside full of unicorns, lollipops, and larpers running amok?

What sense does it make for someone who is "wolfy" (which is a word I never plan on typing again) to kick the door in and instigate with their first few posts?  To me that kind of behavior is commensurate with someone who isn't trying to curry favor with our gentle new field of players.

JiF is now pinging.

Ping ping ping so pingy

6 minutes ago, Calder said:

LK has continued to be super shady imo. Just voted me for questioning him and has since shifted to Shad with no reasoning (broke the tie off of him for the vote lead) and now Nolder.

Now that I'm in ketosis, my mind is at a higher level.

a Level which seems to think you're fake scum hunting. I asked you if you were scum though and you said no, so I'm not sure what your deal is now.

also, it's always appropriate to vote Nolder on Wednesday. welcome to the real world.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

Now that I'm in ketosis, my mind is at a higher level.

a Level which seems to think you're fake scum hunting. I asked you if you were scum though and you said no, so I'm not sure what your deal is now.

also, it's always appropriate to vote Nolder on Wednesday. welcome to the real world.

You legit made me laugh with the "so I'm not sure what your deal is now" bit. That was good.

Maybe I would view you better if you gave reasoning on things you did.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

That's a fair point, but it depends on where you come from.  People play aggressively on JN in general.  If failing to do so sticks out then scum will conform to meta.

It's always a lot safer for a scum outsider to adapt their game for a new environment than for a scum insider to try and appeal to the new guys.

21 minutes ago, Shad said:

That's a fair point, but it depends on where you come from.  People play aggressively on JN in general.  If failing to do so sticks out then scum will conform to meta.

It's always a lot safer for a scum outsider to adapt their game for a new environment than for a scum insider to try and appeal to the new guys.

That's a misconception. Certain players play more aggressively, but it isn't even really aggressive. It's just our way of having fun. We have a Chaos League and their goal is to create chaos. 

• Upvote 1