Zander and Nyn's Ebolaids Mafia Game

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Post nap Nolder is a beast .

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You earned it. 

1 hour ago, Shad said:

1. Leelou is actually being villagery.

2. Pac went at DPR for a reason that made no sense to me and has generally seemed more instigative than interested.

3. Verbal can be a villager for now because Leelou said so.

4. Nolder's was pretty chill and natural in his catch-up but didn't really do much with it.  A lot of side commentary, votes for something out of the joke phase, I personally couldn't care less about the self-vote and his response to that was fine, but meh overall.

5. 80 I have no read on whatsoever.  First time he posted one of those big lists I thought it was a joke but I guess it wasn't.  I can't imagine how anyone has a precise order to the whole roster like that so early, but apparently he does this every game?  Otherwise he's not been memorable.

6. dice's tone @ Nolder was awkward as ****, but he comes off that way to me as either alignment as often as not, hence why i wasn't very interested in pursuing it.  Entering this game with an immediate meaningful case on someone is more likely to come from his town game, but the policy basis of it is kind of meh.  Scum!Dice has a habit of picking up on rule and out-of-game issues to look busy, and I don't know that Nolder defying weird Nolder policy shtick is much different.  (And Dice knows as well as most of us that Nolder self-votes more often than the average cat in spite of his rants about it.)  I need to see Dice expand more.

7. Hallia hasn't done much.

8. DPR's push back on Pac felt a little overextended (bitching at the mod is not wolfy unless your argument is that Pac gets really bitchy when he's a wolf).  His line @ Lissa and Visor about Dice felt a little slimy.  This idea that "if you guys are seeing it too I'll look deeper there" is hard to swallow.  If you're a villager and you think you smell a wolf you dig into it with or without consensus support.

10. Calder is villagery so far.

11. Lizard King is a goof who ought to be easy to read with meta but apparently isn't :???:.  No idea here.

12. Notbob without ISOing him it's felt like he's being combative without really calling people wolf much.  I'm used to him dropping unexplained reads out of nowhere and pushing people hard without giving much reason.  Here he's been getting into arguments but it didn't feel to me like he was making much in the way of judgments in the process.  I might end up going "oh nevermind" when I get to the ISO though.

13. Smash no clue.

14. JiF taking me seriously when I claimed wolf (with him) was ridiculous but I don't know if that makes it wolfy.  He's been otherwise unmemorable.

15. The Crusher I'm not sure what he thought was so great about Nolder's catch-up posts just now, but he's generally sat well with me for reasons that aren't worth much.

16. Visor 17. Lissa both in the same boat here, came into a foreign environment that's a fair deal different from any other site I've played on and they've both been mostly quiet through it.  Both picked up on Dice's post, which was legit the wolfiest thing anyone's said all game.  If I didn't know Dice I'd want to lynch him right now.  They could both be villagers.

All of these reads are stupidly shallow and don't hover far from null.

Pac/DPR most likely interaction to contain a wolf imo.

God a lot of you are wolfy though.

If those are the two post you are referring to then its not a game or content thing. Just an old joke of Nolders napping habits. I actually didn't like Nolders self vote and then his excuse of not taking the game too serious when called out on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shad said:

I'd like to hear who all agrees/disagrees with this.

In spirit its an accurate statement. Smash will come hard on some day 1's especially if he feels his role is important to the game. He does tend to hide till about day 2 or 3 as scum. Yet at times even as town he gets a slow roll on some games.  He is a very strong mid and late game player. He gets away with it because as town he is someone you want with you at end game. In the beginning of games he's a crotchety old bastard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

In spirit its an accurate statement. Smash will come hard on some day 1's especially if he feels his role is important to the game. He does tend to hide till about day 2 or 3 as scum. Yet at times even as town he gets a slow roll on some games.  He is a very strong mid and late game player. He gets away with it because as town he is someone you want with you at end game. In the beginning of games he's a crotchety old bastard.

Actually, he's a crotchety old bastard throughout, but the rest sounds about right.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Shad said:

3. Verbal can be a villager for now because Leelou said so.

Let's pretend for a moment that she's not playing.  We get this all the time - one of us reads the other, and people just sheep it.

So....what do you think?

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count

Nolder (3) - dice, LK, Verb

dice (2) -  Lissa, Visor

Smash (2) - JiF, DPR

LK (2) - Calder, 80

Visor (1) - Smash

Verbal (1) - Jetscode

Lissa (1) - Pac

Leelou (1) - Nolder

JC (1) - Leelou

Not voting (3) - Hallia, Shad, Crusher

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline:

bla_1481756400.png

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Let's pretend for a moment that she's not playing.  We get this all the time - one of us reads the other, and people just sheep it.

So....what do you think?

I don't have strong feelings one way or another and I misread you last time you were a wolf. /shrug

Thus why I'm going to trust the read of my town read who reads you well.

Oh god what a terrible sentence.

19 minutes ago, Shad said:

I don't have strong feelings one way or another and I misread you last time you were a wolf. /shrug

This pings.

You contributed a list of reads - and that is appreciated.

In that list you called me out for shipping WhatevrThe****HisNameIs*** and Lissa. I'm good with that - it's not bad logic.

But now you turn around and do the same thing, explaining how it's okay for you to incorporate other's opinions in your thinking, and then top it off with self deprecating humor. That seems like pot-meet-kettle, no?

I have a meeting but will be back before deadline.

It really isn't.

I'm saying I don't have a read on Verbal and I'm openly sheeping Leelou's.

It sort of came off to me like you were saying you did have a read on Dice and now that others are noticing you're going to pursue it.

If you're a villager there's probably a much closer parallel to how I've approached LK than to how I'm approaching Verbal.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Vote Hallia

There is no good reason to not even have a vote logged a couple hours before deadline.  I'm fearful this means Crush is scum but one of these 3 bubble heads surely is.

Damn nothing gets by you Paco Bell. I had my vote on 80. He is either hiding it better early or may not be scum this game. I will always play with the assumption he is for awhile anyways.

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

Vote Hallia

There is no good reason to not even have a vote logged a couple hours before deadline.  I'm fearful this means Crush is scum but one of these 3 bubble heads surely is.

This is a good point. I dont recall Hallia taking any strong stances this game. 

6 minutes ago, Shad said:

Crush what is your read on JC?

Nothing yet. Im pretty solid in reading him. When he is town he will hit his stride and start kicking in doors. He tries to do it as scum but it comes off contrived. Caught him doing that in a game at DM recently he was scum with Darthe that I believe you were in as well.  He also likes to trickle false logic into the thread when he is scum. Very passive with it. Not lynching him today in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

I can't fault your logic all I can say is this isn't a normal game and I'm not taking it as seriously as usual. 

If you're going to lynch me over joke voting myself (fair) I only wish you would hold others to that same standard.

But you wont because this isn't a policy thing it's a meta thing. This is the kind of stuff that really drains my spirit and makes me apathetic.

Do what you gotta do though.

I find this hilarious considering your playing  and often do play here on a site that uses a HELL of a lot of meta for their reads.

As for meta draining ure wim   if you ALWAYS do something   like voting people who self vote    then when you DONT do it expect to get called out on it.

and for clarity I'm not voting you just because of ure self vote. I'm voting you because you didn't vote Pac for HIS. and then you self voted for no reason. and then threw an omgus as well for someone correctly calling you on it.

9 minutes ago, Shad said:

Calder I seem to remember you backed off LK a bit and humored that his reasoning could be twtbaw.  You're still voting there.  Who are your other suspects?

I still want to vote LK. His responses are def throwing me, but he isnt really doing anything else. His Shad and Nolder votes are to survive the day. Otherwise he pops in when I mention him. It hasnt stopped bothering me.

Now I would put Hallia at my #2. Pac's post was a good point and I hadnt realized she wasnt taking any stances. I said the wide openness of the earlier voting benefited lurking scum by not having to take stances. That makes sense for Hallia here if she is scum. 

Of the Dice and Nolder trains I much prefer Nolders. Dice is posting how I expect for him. The volume is similar to the town game from him last week and his posts dont bother me at all.

Nolder is interesting in that I have no issue with the tone of his catch up posts. Yet his vote feels really fake. I questioned him on why he seemed caught up but had such an outdated post marking his vote. It makes it look like a potentially fake catch up string of posting. Yet I would rather lynch someone like Hallia or LK over him since I dont know that a scum team would tell him to leave his vote on Leelou. 

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

Forgot to tag you first. Haha

It is usually you that has to deal with the brunt of this.  How the **** did it get turned around on me, dammit?

1 hour ago, Shad said:

So would you say you're cautiously optimistic about my alignment?

@Shad

I would be really shocked if the following players were scum:

Leelou - Unafraid villager posting

Lissa - Disagree heavily with her on Dice but liked the posting from her that led to the vote 

Verbal - Didnt seem to care enough when he was going to get lynched in the beginning. Good analysis from him in several spots afterwards too.

1 minute ago, Calder said:

What is your take on Hallia?

I have no idea - I have no read on her.  She unvoted me for being nice to her, which is null.....but I seriously can't remember much else.

I don't think that is a problem for D1, though.  She is not difficult to read once she gets going, so I'll just be on the lookout for that.  

Official Vote Count

Nolder (5) - dice, LK, Verb, Crusher, 80

dice (2) -  Lissa, Visor

Smash (2) - JiF, DPR

LK (1) - Calder,

Visor (1) - Smash

Verbal (1) - Jetscode

Hallia (1) - Pac

Leelou (1) - Nolder

JC (1) - Leelou

Not voting (2) - Hallia, Shad,

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline:

bla_1481756400.png

nolders posts about stuff that happened early in the thread aren't good

kinda show-worky quoting 24 hour old jokes and taking them various degrees of seriously

might be stylistic to some degree

some of what he is saying seems ignorant of context in a way that i am skeptical of though

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Actually a salient point.

like this is weird when he says he is not taking this game as seriously as usual in the very next post

leelou sequence kinda is also