0 SACKS

CobraVerde

Lets call it like we see it:

Todd Bowltite is a defensive "genius" we were told, yet, his defense never makes a play, never gets a turnover, never gets a defensive TD. Even on a blitz, they always manage to get there a split second too late, yet other teams blitz and blitz and always get there, tonight they knocked our QB the f**k out and almost killed the backup. I never saw anything like this defense to be honest, even most of the crappier defenses in the NFL get a defensive TD here and there, or a ST recovery or score here and there, this team NEVER does. This defense is riddled with under achievers & over paid lazy asses and rivals the horrific Jet defenses of the 70's.

Anyway, where is it written in law that a coach must get a 3rd year? This season has been a disgrace. Tonight was a disgrace, the Colt game was a disgrace, the KC game was a disgrace, the ARI game -  disgrace, the Ram game - disgrace, Pittsburgh, Seattle, the way we lost the first Miami game, all were disgraceful. This team has been unprepared and not coached properly, and out coached on the field from week 3 up until this minute. The opening schedule looked tough? It wasn't really. The problem as I see it is our CS and players believed it, when in actuality, the teams we played were not really that great, at least not great enough to count any of them as automatic losses if we had a team that gave a rats a$$. Tonight's OL performance was a disgrace and rivals one of, if not the worst O-Line performances I have ever seen. How can we judge anything about Petty after almost getting killed on every play? Brandon Marshall's performance tonight - a disgrace. That hit on Petty looked like the time Bruce Smith almost killed Boomer Esiason in the 90's. Ridiculous, this idiot CS could not protect him.

I do not see how this CS is allowed to come back. Not one single coach. Let the GM pick the next coach and if they fail, he goes along with his coach. Nobody likes changing CS's every other year but who in their right mind has the slightest confidence that this CS can win football games in this league?

We slaughtered Miami twice last season. They have now blown past us like a high speed train passing the pony express.

What a disgrace.

Defense is horrid.  Defensive Coaching is horrid.  Defensive effort level and motivation is horrid (outside a few exceptions, like Williams).

Todd Bowles MUST be fired, his performance as Head Coach/Defensive Gamecaller has been as bad and as uninspired as any I have ever seen as a Jets fan.

I'd take back Kotite before I want to see Bowles standing ineffective and silent on our sidelines again.  Him and Chan both can sod off.

This is why I think it's silly to hear Ray Lucas calling out Mike Maccagnan after every game.  If the top guys on this roster were playing to their full potential, it wouldn't be nearly as much of a "talent issue".  We've seen what Mo, Leo and Sheldon can do on a football field.  Mac isn't the one drawing up game plans that fail to get any pressure on the QB's despite all that first-round talent up front.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is why I think it's silly to hear Ray Lucas calling out Mike Maccagnan after every game.  If the top guys on this roster were playing to their full potential, it wouldn't be nearly as much of a "talent issue".  We've seen what Mo, Leo and Sheldon can do on a football field.  Mac isn't the one drawing up game plans that fail to get any pressure on the QB's despite all that first-round talent up front.

The problem is we can't generate pas rush from the edge.  A guy like Mo can easily be doubled by both the Center and a Guard

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Defense is horrid.  Defensive Coaching is horrid.  Defensive effort level and motivation is horrid (outside a few exceptions, like Williams).

Todd Bowles MUST be fired, his performance as Head Coach/Defensive Gamecaller has been as bad and as uninspired as any I have ever seen as a Jets fan.

I'd take back Kotite before I want to see Bowles standing ineffective and silent on our sidelines again.  Him and Chan both can sod off.

I agree. For a while I was starting to buy into the "you can't fire him after 2 years" BS, I've changed my mind. If Bowles & this staff come back next year I seriously will boycott watching them. It will cement my belief that this organization is f*cking clueless! Fire Bowles & let Macc & his staff hire the coach. At least they can try to be on the same page on how they want to build the team, and what type of team they want to build. When you hire a DC with no head coaching experience & your defense is unwatchable & blow assignments all over the place it's all you need to see. Get this guy the hell out of here.

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The problem is we can't generate pas rush from the edge.  A guy like Mo can easily be doubled by both the Center and a Guard

I have no idea why we almost never see Darron Lee coming off the edge.  It's how he got most of his sacks in college, he runs a 4.43 and should be able to use his speed/quickness to get under/around some blockers.

I think I've hears the SNY postgame guys say it a time or two as well.  Why isn't one of the fastest LBers in the NFL being used to come off the edge?

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The scheme stinks. The Jets can't run a 4/3 with a 3/4 front 7. No speedy edge rusher is killing this team. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I have no idea why we almost never see Darron Lee coming off the edge.  It's how he got most of his sacks in college, he runs a 4.43 and should be able to use his speed/quickness to get under/around some blockers.

I think I've hears the SNY postgame guys say it a time or two as well.  Why isn't one of the fastest LBers in the NFL being used to come off the edge?

Because Bowles and the DC are sleepwalking

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The scheme stinks. The Jets can't run a 4/3 with a 3/4 front 7. No speedy edge rusher is killing this team. 

The scheme is terrible but we haven't  had a real edge rusher since Abraham

It's way harder to block a guy like Von Miller than Mo and I'm talking about even good Mo before we gave him $100 million and he decided to skate

A pass rushing DT can be doubled by both Guard and Center plus it's easier for the runnig back who is chipping to just run up behind the guard and be another obstacle 

13 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The scheme is terrible but we haven't  had a real edge rusher since Abraham

It's way harder to block a guy like Von Miller than Mo and I'm talking about even good Mo before we gave him $100 million and he decided to skate

A pass rushing DT can be doubled by both Guard and Center plus it's easier for the runnig back who is chipping to just run up behind the guard and be another obstacle 

And DTs can be held in this new NFL. That's why on the Petty crush, Suh was rushing from the end spot. Refs in the NFL only call obvious holdings calls on the edges, it just easier to see arm bars, grabbing on the edges. The only holding calls you see inside is the occasional grab when a DT shoots the gap perfectly timing the snap. That's rare though in today's NFL when you have 3 320LB men lined up right next to each other. 

Archived