Trade for Sean Payton?

Joejet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'd imagine there was some collusion there among owners to not let Marrone get away with double dipping like that. 

I doubt it. The reporting has been that Marrone wants final say on personnel. He had one winning season. If he was any good, he'd be snatched up regardless of him opting out of a negotiated provision in his contract under a now dead owner that he had totals right to take advantage of...they just wouldn't give him the same deal.

Marrone's offense was awful..like Rex and Bowles awful and he's an offensive side of the ball guy. I think the D Coordinator he had in Jim Schwartz would be a better option. Bills defense was complete beast that year.

i would do a Parcells-esque trade for Payton.....literally trade however many draft picks it took.   He hits all the points I'm looking for......head coaching experience,  offensive coach who calls his own plays, a winner who's teams are always in the mix (Averages 10 wins per year, best year 13-3, worst year 7-9), and creates mismatches against smaller and slower defenders by running a bunch of different offensive formations with different personnel.

I DO NOT WANT A FIRST TIME COACH!

I DO NOT WANT A DEFENSIVE COACH!

I DO NOT WANT RONDELL WHITE! (Jerome from the Bronx voice)

Given the mess left over by Idzik I've been saying this roster has been so bad that Bowles deserves another year or two...unless certain coaches are obtainable.

Sean Payton is one of those. Bowles hasn't done anythting to make him teflon, especially if theres a proven commodity out there. This season has been such a mess at every level. 

Woody is getting up there in age. I can see him making his Leon Hess move, especially with the impending trip across the pond. 

18 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Nobody said he couldn't have played better. But its foolish to not look at reasons why a player played poorly.

Chad got to pick the spot he wanted to go to. Favre was traded to the Jets. There is a difference there. Pennington did a great job in 08 for Miami. But Favre is a millions times bteer player than Chad ever was.

the main reason was he never wanted to be here and didn't work hard enough.

Favre is a million times better player but played like a million times worse player that season and cost us a great shot to do something big,

Sean Payton

- is aggressive (on side kick in the super bowl and his his playcalling in general)

- won a super bowl

- not afraid to call out players and coaches (ive seen him rip into players and rob ryan on the sideline before)

-tailors weekly gameplans each week to opponents weaknesses

- and for all the "he just rode brees' coat tails" crowd, brees wasn't this good before payton, and including the year he was suspended, Brees' numbers dipped.

Archived