Bowles comments today about assistants

Sarge4Tide

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

IN two drafts the Jets have yet to find a speed rusher. They also have not found a QB. Macc needs help. I root for Petty/Hack to do well as they are Jets QB's. 

no-one knows about hack all you have is speculation. Petty look ok at best but behind that crappy oline everyone looked like crap. But go ahead and say he has not tried to address qb and lbers without over reaching for players. and before you say hack was an over reach I think we should see him play.

It appears to me he looks for the best player available with the most upside in the draft at what he deems as the position of need. The fans may not like it but that is why he is paid  and we are bitching

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

no-one knows about hack all you have is speculation. Petty look ok at best but behind that crappy oline everyone looked like crap. But go ahead and say he has not tried to address qb and lbers without over reaching for players. and before you say hack was an over reach I think we should see him play.

It appears to me he looks for the best player available with the most upside in the draft at what he deems as the position of need. The fans may not like it but that is why he is paid  and we are bitching

Just where did I say he has not tried? He has not delivered. Petty looks like he is over matched at best. He has better weapons than Smith had and has not delivered. 

Macc needs help. His roster configurations are bizarre, maybe even comical. He needs to held accountable for making this mess

Too many Jets fans wear green spectacles. 

Chan imo overplayed the passing game in goal line situations early on and it came back to bite us. Part of it was just poor decision making by Fitz. He's a guy an OC has to keep strict control over (like Mark Sanchez) because he constantly overplays his hand. If Fitz wasn't like that he could have performed more like he did last season and play smart like a guy like Alex Smith. Then later in the year I thought that Gailey sometimes didn't throw enough including in the red zone. Also no variation in pace almost never using a no huddle or a hurry up. I thought we needed a fullback because blocking was inadequate and again he never incorporated tight ends into the offense. He didn't really give Bostick or ASJ much of a chance. But do we fire him? I think they will but if he's willing to change give him one more year. To me the DC should be the first guy to go. 

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. Everyone that had anything to with the defense needs to be shown the door. If Chan is staying I have no problem with that. Not his fault the qb situation was pathetic and Powell wasn't taken seriously until Forte's injury. 

Roster management needs to be addressed. Changing the coordinator isn't going to fix that.

I was talking about this yesterday at the game. The defensive coaches need to be fired first, before Chan UNLESS Chan was the reason Fitz came back. I am not saying he was. But if Chan pushed hard for Fitz behind the scenes, there should be a price to pay for that. That is how bad Fitz was this year. We will never really now, just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was talking about this yesterday at the game. The defensive coaches need to be fired first, before Chan UNLESS Chan was the reason Fitz came back. I am not saying he was. But if Chan pushed hard for Fitz behind the scenes, there should be a price to pay for that. That is how bad Fitz was this year. We will never really now, just a thought.

If Chan pushed for Fitz than he should be willing to be publicly placed in a stock and  mocked by every Jet fan in the country. :)

Archived