Choose One

DMan77

I asked this somewhere else once but I'd be interested to get some opinions. It's just for fun... I hope..

Choose one from the two options in each category....

Your team will be top 3 at the one you choose but bottom 3 in the one you don't. Every other aspect of your team will be average. So for example, offensive line vs defensive line. If you choose offensive line you'll have a top 3 unit there, an average QB, RB, CBs, etc, but a bottom 3 DL unit.

Also you are not building a team question by question. These are each standalone questions and teams. One does not lead into the next.

Choose One from each option:

I bolded my personal picks:

1: Offensive line or defensive line?

2: Defensive line or cornerbacks?

3: Cornerbacks or Linebackers?

4: Linebackers or safeties?

5.pass rush or pass coverage?

6: Wide receivers or running backs/fullbacks?

7: QB or coaching staff?

I realize these are subjective and hard to answer in a vacuum, but it's just for fun so don't get too critical... I realize I'm really oversimplifying the positions here too. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would say 1. Because you can pressure not just from the DL.

Oops sorry, the way I worded it was probably unclear... I meant pick one option from each of the 7 different questions.

So offensive line OR defensive line? Then pick from defensife line OR cornerbacks. Then pick from cornerbacks or linebackers. etc. etc... Each is it's own question.

So my answers in bold for each would look like:

1: Offensive line or defensive line?

2: Defensive line or cornerbacks?

3: Cornerbacks or Linebackers?

4: Linebackers or safeties?

5.pass rush or pass coverage?

6: Wide receivers or running backs/fullbacks?

7: QB or coaching staff?

The QB/coach one is tougher than it looks I think! QB is the one that jumps out at you, but that would mean you have one of the worst staffs in the league.

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I asked this somewhere else once but I'd be interested to get some opinions. It's just for fun... I hope..

Your team will be top 3 at the one you choose but bottom 3 in the one you don't. Every other aspect of your team will be average. So for example, offensive line vs defensive line. If you choose offensive line you'll have a top 3 unit there, an average QB, RB, CBs, etc, but a bottom 3 DL unit.

Also you are not building a team question by question. These are each standalone questions and teams. One does not lead into the next.

1: Offensive line or defensive line?

2: Defensive line or cornerbacks?

3: Cornerbacks or Linebackers?

4: Linebackers or safeties?

5.pass rush or pass coverage?

6: Wide receivers or running backs/fullbacks?

7: QB or coaching staff?

I realize these are subjective and hard to answer in a vacuum, but it's just for fun so don't get too critical... I realize I'm really oversimplifying the positions here too. 

1. Offensive Line

2. Corner

3. Corner. But, I'm taking Corners over all LBs but would take Edge Rusher over a Single Corner

4. Safety, same thought process as before, modern game demands speed and coverage.

5. Pass Rush. I think PR helps coverage more than the other way around.

6. WR

7. Elite QB talent over all. Elite Coaching staff can manage flaws, but in the modern game, they're running 100 different names for the same uptempo spread offenses. A smart, elite QB can overcome. Take BB out of the equation. Once in a 50 year happenstance of BB/Brady. Does Tomlin actually effect Roethlisberger? Did Harbaugh make Flacco? Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan, no matter who coaches him, good or bad.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

7. Elite QB talent over all. Elite Coaching staff can manage flaws, but in the modern game, they're running 100 different names for the same uptempo spread offenses. A smart, elite QB can overcome. Take BB out of the equation. Once in a 50 year happenstance of BB/Brady. Does Tomlin actually effect Roethlisberger? Did Harbaugh make Flacco? Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan, no matter who coaches him, good or bad.

That was ultimately my thinking too, but it did take me a minute!... I mean you could have an elite QB at their prime, but have Rich Kotite or Marty Mornhinweg trying to coach him and calling the plays... At the end of the day the elite QB would probably save the team from the coach more than the coach could cost them games, but it would be annoying! 

2 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I bolded my personal picks:

2: Defensive line or cornerbacks?

2: Defensive line or cornerbacks?

20 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

1.  OL  2.  CB  3. CB  4. LB  5. PR  6. WR  7. QB    Interesting,  I sure hope that is not what the draft looks like  :)

I didn't really put it in any order of importance... Just sort of wrote down what seemed like the two contrasting sides of things! 

Archived