By my count, Jets need to fill 12 positions this offseason

Sarge4Tide

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not seeing the benefit to the Jets there. If his ego won't let him play elsewhere for $1m, that's literally the worst case scenario for the Jets, who'd then be on the hook for the full $6m without even a $1m (veteran minimum) offset.

Yeah, I kind of talked myself out of it the more I wrote.  My original thought being that he wouldn't take the vet minimum which might get some teams to offer him a bit more.  But then I realized he'd be one of those guys who might just sit out entirely, which would of course royally screw the Jets.  Ideally, Revis convinces some team he can turn it around and get them to pay the full $6M, but that's probably not happening.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Tinstar,

first of all, good post.

seconds of all since I was too cowardly to support you in your Shotty thread for fear of neg reps I'm going to be pos repping you for a while to make up for it. :) 

It's not a problem beloved > the truly funny thing is I think most of those folks think I was trolling . That guy was a good OC who was held back by Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez . They took his multiple set motion offense and dummied it down to cue cards so a QB they traded up for could run it and even with a league leading rushing attack, the QB still couldn't execute the scheme .

19 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, I kind of talked myself out of it the more I wrote.  My original thought being that he wouldn't take the vet minimum which might get some teams to offer him a bit more.  But then I realized he'd be one of those guys who might just sit out entirely, which would of course royally screw the Jets.  Ideally, Revis convinces some team he can turn it around and get them to pay the full $6M, but that's probably not happening.

Lol

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It's not a problem beloved > the truly funny thing is I think most of those folks think I was trolling . That guy was a good OC who was held back by Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez ...

And Eric Mangini... and Chad Pennington .... and Brett Favre ... and Jeff Fisher... and Sam Bradford...

22 hours ago, thadude said:

I really don't get the hatred for Marshall.  Only high priced vet who actually played hard last season.  Oh he was honest about the team quitting! How dare.

Keep him for 1 more year.

Also, then he'll be a FA, and we'll get a comp pick for him.  THe goal is not to cut decent players, the goal is to let their contracts expire and get picks.

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

And Eric Mangini... and Chad Pennington .... and Brett Favre ... and Jeff Fisher... and Sam Bradford...

Eric Mangini was the HC of the Jets for 2 Yrs . His 1st yr a Broken down Chad Pennington was his QB . His 2nd yr Brett Favre was his QB and he joined the team the week before the regular season started and started on opening day .

It's easy to hate, it doesn't take much to get it going and it's almost impossible to stop in the right surroundings >  Rooting for a team that hasn't won anything in over 40 years is the perfect drunken bar .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Eric Mangini was the HC of the Jets for 2 Yrs . His 1st yr a Broken down Chad Pennington was his QB . His 2nd yr Brett Favre was his QB and he joined the team the week before the regular season started and started on opening day .

It's easy to hate, it doesn't take much to get it going and it's almost impossible to stop in the right surroundings >  Rooting for a team that hasn't won anything in over 40 years is the perfect drunken bar .

It is easy to troll too, but at least be funny.

It is also easy to count to three.  2006 + 2007 + 2008 = 3.  One month does not equal one week. I hold these things to be self-evident.

Archived