What does Bowles need to do to keep his job after this year?

hokiejetfan92

If Bowles wants to be the NYJ HC after 2018  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Bowles needs to...

• It would be unfair to fire Bowles no matter how the team performs, this team sucks.
    • Wins don't necessarily matter, but Bowles needs to improve his management/Team improves over year
    • Minimum 5 wins
    • .500 Record is a must this year
    • Playoffs or Bust
    • Bowles is already dead coach walking.

On March 10, 2017 at 5:58 AM, jack48 said:

Todd Blowes will always be out prepared pre game and out managed in game.  As for post game, I stopped watching......

This. You can't fix stupid. It's unrealistic to hope he'll become a totally different person. He doesn't have the skills, vision, and NAPA Know How to run the whole show.

It's like when Mornhinweg OC'd a 49er unit made of Steve Young, Jerry Rice, T. Owens, J.J. Stokes, and Garrison Hearst, he looked like the next hotshot HC.

Then he goes 5-27 as HC in Detroit - the worst HC in franchise history - and never HC'd again. Like MM, Bowles will stay employed in the NFL at some lower level.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, BigRy56 said:

Wins and losses don't matter next year IMO. You can't expect him to field this team and win.

This team needs to play like a team, not quit, and show some progress every game.

With the rebuild now apparently in full swing, both Mac and Bowles have been given at least two years more to get the team back on track. I applaud Mac for not shelling out big bucks in FA this season. Sign your own and plug a hole or two then concentrate on the draft. Next year should be the year he spends on a high dollar FA or two to solidify the team and hasten the rebuilding project. Then, if another successful draft is made, the team will be ready to compete.

This poll needed an other selection.  I agree with Tin.  All Bowles, or Macc need to do in 2017 is show up.  Woody just went through an exhausting search for his team leaders.   Most of us were very happy with the people he brought in at the time.  Macc won FO guy of the year.  Based mostly on what the Jets got out on Fitz and Marshall.

Woody is getting his dream job.  Jets have taken a back seat, as they should, in Woody's mind.  IMO he has given Macc, and Bowles 2 seasons to right the ship.  When Woody gets reengaged with the team things had better be on an upswing, or they are gone.  Until then, I think Macc's in charge, with a wink, wink nod  from Woody. 

Archived