Best and Most Horrible Sports Entities 2017

T0mShane

On 4/14/2017 at 7:27 AM, sourceworx said:

I'd put Phil Simms in the same category as Troy Aikman. Both do a pretty good job. Every other NFL announcer/analyst is god-awful.

Darryl Johnston is decent as well

its like most of them make sh*t up just to fill space. Its understood they have a lot of space to fill at times so who is dropping the ball when god awful crap is coming out of their mouths makes no sense with the teams they are trying to cover.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, jetophile said:

How the F can anyone have left out Jim Nantz? I'm surprised that he's still alive seeing as he gargles the Cheats' balls 24/7. I mean, how does he breathe? 

By most accounts despite working together forever, Nantz and Simms did not like each other. Pretty clear Nantz did nothing to stop this Romo move. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, T0mShane said:

At the bar watching SNY with the sound off and fringe WFAN person Sal Licata is debating someone about hockey, which led me to wondering what sh*t in sports in actually the worst sh*t. So I ranked them:

Worst sh*t:

1. Jason Whitlock--Carved a niche a few years back as an interesting voice on race in sports, but soon became a cartoon character when ESPN execs picked him to be one of their edgy commentators.

2. ESPN--Other than occasional live sports events, does anyone watch this sh*t anymore? Their programming these days consists of thinking of the dumbest topics possible and dredging together a 24/7 carnival out of it.

3. Francesa--Probably should have left with Dog, but hung in despite mentally retiring a decade ago. He was THE transformative figure in sports media for 20 years, but he's been a shell of that guy for a decade.

4. SNY's non-Mets programming

Best: 

1. Gary, Ron, and Keith-- Peerless. Makes the Yankees radio and TV teams look like the public access garbage they are.

2. Troy Aikman-- No nonsense, real, honest, if a little boring. 

3. Jim Rome-- Hated this guy for a long time, but have come to understand that he's the only one who's aware that he's covering idiocy for and with idiots.

Right on the nose Tommy boy.   The Fat Boy Francesa turns a 5 hour show into a one hour show by repeating each phrase 9-10 times that stumbles out of his mouth.  

Archived