If you want a trade-down, we need this to happen

Phillyjet

The Browns need to take Trubisky at 1 or trade up to 2 with SF for him.

Follow the logic.  Right now, the key spot for a trade is with the Titans at 5, presuming that Trubisky is on the board.  If he comes off in the first two picks, they lose their leverage.  And as a result, the likelihood that Fournette falls to 6 goes up.  With the six pick, the Jets would have McCaffery, and Fournette right there.  The Bengals or Panthers may then want to trade up. 

Bidding war goes to the Jets if Trubisky is gone in the first two picks.  Without that I expect them to stay put and take OJ Howard at 6.

If you want a trade-down, then you as a fan need to accept that Mac may take less than the acceptable amount of value in return. This is how things go for desperate, bad franchises. We'd still get more picks, but we wouldn't be the "rich getting richer" by ripping off some established franchise's whole lot of picks.

It's just not happening like that.

Move back in R1, make sure you still get a 1st rounder - then add something in R2 or R3. Best you can ask for. 

Every single team in the top 6 are talking about trading back,lol. Who's moving up is the question? If Cleveland is serious about MOVING UP by dangling 12 & other picks why would they target the Jets at 6? I would think they would target the Titans at 5.

If we move back it won't be for any windfall, the draft is too deep with talent. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Every single team in the top 6 are talking about trading back,lol. Who's moving up is the question? If Cleveland is serious about MOVING UP by dangling 12 & other picks why would they target the Jets at 6? I would think they would target the Titans at 5.

If we move back it won't be for any windfall, the draft is too deep with talent. 

The Titans are in control if Trubisky is sitting at 5, otherwise they aren't a trading partner.  What's good for us is a bidding war between Carolina and the Bengals for the 6th pick.  We need the skill players (ie Fournette and McCaffery) to still be on the board.  Moving down a couple of slots and picking up a third would be worth it, in my opinion, as I think we'd likely get one of the top players we are prioritizing if we moved down a few slots.

I think we can trade down with a team other than Cleve, if Cleve traded sup they will go Tennessee in front of us.  IMO the key to our trade down will be Fournette or McCaffery, not a QB.  Some teams a bit further back could really use impact RBs.  In my last mock i had Tampa Trading with us so they could get Fournette

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

If you want a trade-down, then you as a fan need to accept that Mac may take less than the acceptable amount of value in return. This is how things go for desperate, bad franchises. We'd still get more picks, but we wouldn't be the "rich getting richer" by ripping off some established franchise's whole lot of picks.

It's just not happening like that.

Move back in R1, make sure you still get a 1st rounder - then add something in R2 or R3. Best you can ask for. 

This is what I'm thinking.  It would be great to get Cleveland's 1st rounder but the more they talk about it, the more I feel its just planted info with the media.  

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

The Titans are in control if Trubisky is sitting at 5, otherwise they aren't a trading partner.  What's good for us is a bidding war between Carolina and the Bengals for the 6th pick.  We need the skill players (ie Fournette and McCaffery) to still be on the board.  Moving down a couple of slots and picking up a third would be worth it, in my opinion, as I think we'd likely get one of the top players we are prioritizing if we moved down a few slots.

From your lips to gods ears & a Richardson trade for another 3rd rounder. Imagine a 3rd round for the Jets with 4 picks in the round! Go look at some 3rd round mocks & imagine the possibilities. It literally could be a foundation of team if Macc has an outstanding draft & some guys with injury or image concerns fall into the 3rd but were thought to be 1st round prospects during the college year.

Archived