LB Zach Orr possibly unretiring

AFJF

11 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Newsome is anything but dumb. Tell me.......what is his / Ravens position presently regarding Orr?

You're not catching on.  He got a new health report, I know we're used to having to put blame on someone.  Sometimes you can't.  

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You're not catching on.  He got a new health report, I know we're used to having to put blame on someone.  Sometimes you can't.  

Not catching on says the Nut...

Let me know when he gets a "new health report" from the Ravens  medical staff  that negates "The old health report" from them.  

Also lets see if Ozzie Newsome renews any efforts to resign him (or any other competent front office for that matter). After all the Ravens still retain his rights if I am not mistaken. 

Possible he is better? sure anything is possible.

Likely? Dont think so because congenital defects never heal or miraculously disappear. Its possible its  something a surgeon can fix but even then after being fixed does that clear you to play football?.

Until then this is just a young guy willing to risk his future for money in the present. 

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

He's worth a look.

Guy was a FA, mostly played ST's first 2 seasons.  Had a break out year, and the health issue came up.  The health issue is a major concern.

Imagine the Jets might offer him a one year show me contract.  If somebody offers more they should let him go

I think it would be a mistake to even meet him.

I don't care how good he is but if there is even a small chance he won't get up after making a tackle or block its not worth it.  This is the Jets of all places if you know the history you dont...just dont.  Not to mention the message this sends to all those in similar situations of choosing 000,000,000 over life.  The other millions of people in this situation dont have that choice and most should not make it.  Like it or not our kids idolize these people and are watching more closely then we realize. Let some other team do it.

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I think it would be a mistake to even meet him.

I don't care how good he is but if there is even a small chance he won't get up after making a tackle or block its not worth it.  This is the Jets of all places if you know the history you dont...just dont.  Not to mention the message this sends to all those in similar situations of choosing 000,000,000 over life.  The other millions of people in this situation dont have that choice and most should not make it.  Like it or not our kids idolize these people and are watching more closely then we realize. Let some other team do it.

I actually agree with you, 

I also see the kids point.  He's been in the league 3 years at min salary. Still pretty good money.  He got a small taste of the good life.  He has a good year, then this.

He's saying it doesn't put him in any greater risk of injury.  IDK if he is or not.  His doctors do.  Or at least should have a good idea.   

I agree with you, if THEIR doctor says he's good to go, Ya think about it.  If there is any doubt about his health.  Pass

Archived