Random Thoughts Before Practice

KRL

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He got another chance with the Rams. How'd that work out? 

It worked so well that he got another shot as OC with the Bulldogs. How'd that work out? 

It worked out so well that he's now the QBs coach for the Colts. We'll see how that works out. 

He did a good job for us, and the Rams O got better w/ him and worse when he left.

What are you basing his job in Indy on? If he gets bashed for being an OC then I guess he deserves all the credit for developing Brees and Rivers?

2 hours ago, slats said:

Great deal of respect for your opinions, but I have to disagree here. If they are seriously considering starting Hackenberg opening day of the regular season, he'll need as many reps with the starters as he can get with them in the preseason. The coach can adjust the rotation of players any way he sees fit. Nothing stopping him from giving Hack the first half and first series of the third quarter in the first three games. 

The flaw in your argument is that while the coaches may have an idea who may be starting on defense, the offensive side of the ball is a complete mystery .

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Dude !?!?

you do realize that talking up your feelings for the promising Sh*tty erases any hope we were feeling for your judgement about Hack right?

I still hope Hack can bring it ... But the warm fuzzy feeling I was getting from your talking him up just turned to sour stomach 

I got news for you, I liked Paul Hackett also. Bill Belichek is considered a HOF HC and a defensive guru, but before Mo Lewis sent Drew Bledsoe to the Hospital, he was on his way to being fired from his 2nd head coaching position .

27 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He got another chance with the Rams. How'd that work out? 

It worked so well that he got another shot as OC with the Bulldogs. How'd that work out? 

It worked out so well that he's now the QBs coach for the Colts. We'll see how that works out. 

Brian Schottenheimer is the only coach in the history of football who lost his Job when the HC of the team he was working for either left for another job o got fired . Here's what I know for certain and that is before Brian Schottenheimer got involved with Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez he was being interviewed for head coaching jobs .  

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I said it before and I will say it again now . Mark Sanchez sabotaged the promising career of Brian Schottenheimer because he couldn't run his offense .For the time that Schottenheimer was Mark's offensive coordinator, Rex Ryan scaled back the offense every year until he finally fired the kid .Schottenheimer ran a motion multiple set offense designed to highlight a QB and Mark Sanchez executed a high school offense designed to hide a QB .

A divorce was inevitable and a good man who was highly thought of before meeting up with Rex and Mark suffered for it . 

You mean the Brian Schottenheimer, "Motion the FB out, flex the TE, motion over the RB, perform 30 moves from A-Z pre-snap after not getting the play in fast enough with the clock winding down, clusterfeck firedrill offense"? LOL Yeah that guy was a real offensive genius in the making.

You run that stuff with a vet QB whos been in the system for 5 or more years and has it mastered (or is named Peyton Manning), not with a guy who came out too early and panicked under pressure.

And you dont call a pass down 14-0 on 3rd and 18 at your own 10 on the road in the AFCCG.....unless you have a 15 year vet, proven clutch passer under center.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You mean the Brian Schottenheimer, "Motion the FB out, flex the TE, motion over the RB, perform 30 moves from A-Z pre-snap after not getting the play in fast enough with the clock winding down, clusterfeck firedrill offense"? LOL Yeah that guy was a real offensive genius in the making.

You run that stuff with a vet QB whos been in the system for 5 or more years and has it mastered (or is named Peyton Manning), not with a guy who came out too early and panicked under pressure.

And you dont call a pass down 14-0 on 3rd and 18 at your own 10 on the road in the AFCCG.....unless you have a 15 year vet, proven clutch passer under center.

it was 17-0 when we foolishly called that pass though we did have a clutch QB under C, just not a vet.

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I got news for you, I liked Paul Hackett also. Bill Belichek is considered a HOF HC and a defensive guru, but before Mo Lewis sent Drew Bledsoe to the Hospital, he was on his way to being fired from his 2nd head coaching position .

Hackett was a great designer of an offense, he had no feel for the game as a playcaller though.

BB is a defensive guru b/c he had LT, he’s  an all time great HC b/c he has Brady.

Brian did a good job here under difficult circumstances(a new QB almost every year).  Our franchise got worse when we let him go and Mark's career changed.

Archived