The Expanse

Jet_Engine1

Anyone else watch/read this fantastic Sci Fi series?

Very intelligent, well thought out Sci Fi taking place in a populated solar system in about 200 or so years. Interesting, multiple plots, surprisingly good SFX, and good characters. 

I highly recommend the show and the book series.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Honestly superior to Battlestar Galactica, and I loved that show.....until the end.

I actually never got into that one, nor Stargate. The only sci-fi show I really took time to watch was The X-files (one of the few things I consider myself a fanboy of) and the only Star Trek I've watched were the reruns of the original when I was in 2nd grade.

But, I can admit that The Expanse is superior to The X-Files in just about every way. :)

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I actually never got into that one, nor Stargate. The only sci-fi show I really took time to watch was The X-files (one of the few things I consider myself a fanboy of) and the only Star Trek I've watched were the reruns of the original when I was in 2nd grade.

But, I can admit that The Expanse is superior to The X-Files in just about every way. :)

Sure  fine, whatever 

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I read Leviathan Wakes a long time ago and loved it. Have heard so many good things about the series. Think I might have to binge this before Season 3 starts. Great premise.

Are the older episodes on Netflix or Amazon?

13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Honestly superior to Battlestar Galactica, and I loved that show.....until the end.

I really liked Battlestar, but it had some ups and downs.  That show, more than any other thing I have ever watched, got how fighting in space would be.  Get your momentum going and you can turn the ship backwards, sideways, whatever without losing speed.  Star Wars (which I love) treats flying in space like your are flying in the air.

FYI, I liked how Battlestar ended.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Are the older episodes on Netflix or Amazon?

Amazon has it, and Netflix has it if you live outside the US. 

I would really like to check this out; I've been hearing good things. I hope this will scratch my Star Trek itch (because the movies sure in the hell didn't). The new season comes around in February and I would imagine SyFy will rerun the first two seasons before then. 

Archived