Jets Minicamp Day 3

Patriot Killa

On 6/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, T0mShane said:

I noticed the same thing. Right now, it looks like Stewart will have to beat out Charles Johnson and Terrelle Pryor to earn a roster spot, which is gross. Would be a huge, Jalen Saunders-like miss by Maccagnan.

Yeah but if Henson turns out to be productive (4th rounder) doesn't that make up for Stewart?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No team has ever had productive 3rd and 4th rounders in the same draft? 

True. But if an organization is able to hit on it's 1st (Adams), 2nd (Maye) and 4th (Henson) round picks - I'd call it a successful draft.

I'm hoping that's the case here.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:46 PM, Paradis said:

I feel like i have a good finger on the pulse of the draft and I don't ever recall hearing/seeing/talking about Stewart, period. No saying a scouts grade didn't put him in round 3... but like, there was no one looking at him as a value pick like Kupp, or Samuel, or Godwin. 

this (from SI) was the general consensus:

Maybe i'm just that bitter than we took him over Kareem Hunt - who everyone so clearly saw as an obvious target. Picking Steward felt uninspired or reactionary. 

That list kind of supports what I said.  I felt he was a reach, but looking at draft reports he didn't seem like one.  The guys above him that went after Stewart were Henderson, Reynolds, Switzer, and Ford.  Reynolds was the only one that had a better year receiving than Stewart and it was by a whopping 20 yards.  Ford and Henderson spent the year on IR - Henderson got popped for weed and might not make the Broncos.  Ford was waived injured and didn't go until the 7th.  Switzer was already traded to the Raiders for bust DT Jihad Ward.  

The WRs on the board when Stewart was picked that were better - Westbrook and Godwin are behind Stewart on that list, and Golladay wasn't even on it. 

• Receiver Chad Hansen was among the stars of OTAs. He continued to play well in minicamp. His route running is much improved, so too are his hands. He seems to have a much better understanding of what he needs to do, which allows him to play faster. ArDarius Stewart made more highlight plays than Hansen, but Hansen was more consistent. He’s not a sexy player. He just does his job and does it well.

That's from "The Athletics" Connor Hughes minicamp writeup... I don't think Stewart as as lost as some of you guys are making it seem.

Archived