Lot of gloating....

BwanaZulia

Well, while I'm not a fan of the Pats by no means, I give them credit for their run. Very difficult to win a SB (we Jet fans should realize that), let alone 3 out of the last 4.

Another thing to consider here. I'm not on any HC bandwagon, so I'd like to point out to the Mangini fans out there. Last night, Mangini's defense couldn't stop the Bronco's offense. Yes, turnovers played a big part in the results, but that's when you expect a defense to put it on the line and they didn't.

So, just because Mangini seems to the the "popular" pick, that doesn't mean he's the correct pick. I just don't want another HC in here that needs OJT...we DO NOT run a school for future HC's.

Agree with both above. We'll find out later if Mangini accepts our offer. If he does, we'll find out what kind of a HC he is. He's clearly smart enough. If he has 1/10 the ego of a Parcells/Bellichick, he'd look at this as a golden opportunity. This team was just 4-12. They're in cap hell. They have no QB, no RB, no OL, and can't stop the run. I turn this around & I'm a god in NFL circles & my next contract will be for $6M/year minimum.

I have always given the Pats and Tom Brady all the credit for their accomplishments. It is only natural with some people with a division or rival to me like the Giants(who I really hate) to be happy when they lose though

Not sure where a 4-12 team gets off gloating about a playoff loss of another team that has won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years AND whose coach we want to be our new Head Coach.

Interesting.

BZ

BZ:

You are a STRANGE bird. Think of it like this. The school bully has been beating your a$$ everyday for the past 5 years. Today, somebody else beat the bullies a$$.

You can be happy about this. You still can't beat the bully on your own. But you plan on taking karate lessons. So someday you can handle matters yourself.

In the meantime, look at the bullies black eye and smile. That rat bastard has been taking your lunch money for 5 years. Today for the 1st time you ate lunch in peace.

It is a baby step. And you can be happy about it. Because finally the Jets got a break.

BZ:

You are a STRANGE bird. Think of it like this. The school bully has been beating your a$$ everyday for the past 5 years. Today, somebody else beat the bullies a$$.

You can be happy about this. You still can't beat the bully on your own. But you plan on taking karate lessons. So someday you can handle matters yourself.

In the meantime, look at the bullies black eye and smile. That rat bastard has been taking your lunch money for 5 years. Today for the 1st time you ate lunch in peace.

It is a baby step. And you can be happy about it. Because finally the Jets got a break.

Max,

Great analogy!

LL

BZ:

That's a good way to put it. As I said in a thread on JI (wow, can I say that here without getting banned? LMAO)my hatred for the stinkin fish runs far deeper, and now that the pasties are done, dead, over, irrelevant, I turn my attention to the next up and coming divisional foes- the aqua mammals.

I may be in the minority of Jets fans who just dont feel the hate for them, but you guys spend more time on the boards dealing with the smack-talking pasties fans than I do, so go for it!

But I still will always hate the smack talking fishfans more. They will get on my nerves moreso than the bahston folks. Maybe I just dont take them too seriously, being how they have a severe inferiority complex about New Yawk. yeah, I think that's it.

I also have no love lost for Denver after '98, so I find it not so easy to like them, either.

Having a bully who beat us in 98 beat the other bully isnt so great in my eyes. I'd rather we did it ourselves.

Next year, homies...maybe we'll get it done ourselves.

BZ:

If WE had beaten the Pats, I would be all over it, but considering we went 4-12, haven't beaten them anywhere in years and are courting their staff, well.. it is just seems a little out of place.

BZ

That's a good way to put it. As I said in a thread on JI (wow, can I say that here without getting banned? LMAO)my hatred for the stinkin fish runs far deeper, and now that the pasties are done, dead, over, irrelevant, I turn my attention to the next up and coming divisional foes- the aqua mammals.

I may be in the minority of Jets fans who just dont feel the hate for them, but you guys spend more time on the boards dealing with the smack-talking pasties fans than I do, so go for it!

But I still will always hate the smack talking fishfans more. They will get on my nerves moreso than the bahston folks. Maybe I just dont take them too seriously, being how they have a severe inferiority complex about New Yawk. yeah, I think that's it.

I also have no love lost for Denver after '98, so I find it not so easy to like them, either.

Having a bully who beat us in 98 beat the other bully isnt so great in my eyes. I'd rather we did it ourselves.

Next year, homies...maybe we'll get it done ourselves.

Well said Jetcane...living in South Florida and being a Jets fan automatically enrolls you in the "I Hate the Dolfags" HOF...no way I would have been able to survive the fish winning 3 out of the last 4 SB's...they have the worst fans in the league. Talk about bandwagon fans, they wrote the book on that.

Funny you should say that, the very same thought crossed my mind, too. :wink:

Mine too.

Granted they're the Jets rival and we should be happy they lost.. but gloating about it? It's not like the Jets did anything about it.

And, as for Max's analogy... you'll have to forgive him. Billy still gives him nightmares :wink:

Archived