Jeremy Bates is to blame for Robby Anderson's slow start

Jetsbb

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Mike135 said:

Sure he's not Julio Jones, but we finally have a legit deep threat.  Not sure why fans wanna knock the guy.

Because to some fans, any praise or defense of Anderson puts the focus on Sam Darnold underwhelming start. Darnold and the offense will be fine with time.

A poster said, rightly, that the offense looks like every Bowles/Ryan offense (which I said also). I think it's actually the right way to go, right now. We have a rookie, Franchise QB. The need is to get him experience--solid,  non-desperate experience--winning is not as important as building the chemistry with each other. And there's no need to get him injured playing desperate!!

I think the Jets will eventually open up the offense. I think the first step I would do is to NOT call the WR screen. I think it became a crutch for Darnold to lock onto Enunwa. Time to make him go through progressions instead of going with first reads. Now, that will require the OL/RBs to block. So, that's not proven either.

I'm encouraged with the improvements in the team I've seen. But there's still a long way to go and I hope the team doesn't get demoralized before that improvement occurs. Time will tell.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2018 at 1:12 PM, Untouchable said:

The kid is weak, built like a stick, does nothing effectively except run simple go-routes, and is a dumbass off the field. He also sounds like he never made it past the 3rd grade whenever he opens his mouth.

No way should he be a part of our longterm plans.

Re-sign Enunwa and Kearse and draft another receiver within the first 3 rounds.

This x100

10 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

The way Maccagnan drafts WR's I doubt he could find a good one if one stepped on his foot. Mac should have draft duties removed from his job duties and concentrate on FA where he is pretty good. I really think it is time for Chris Johnson to make a call to London and wake Woody out of his slumber and clean house.

Ardarius Stewart over Kenny Golladay baby

Archived