Jeremy Bates is to blame for Robby Anderson's slow start

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Hope you guys and everyone else watches the video/thread/OP nico just posted...

Read what Pennington said. That's why Mccown was able to do what Darnold can't. Your going to let a rookie who's unsure about where to go with the football the power to change plays at the line. Yea, okay.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, genot said:

Read what Pennington said. That's why Mccown was able to do what Darnold can't. Your going to let a rookie who's unsure about where to go with the football the power to change plays at the line. Yea, okay.

Then the rookie doesn’t play. Pretty simple stuff when I’m GM

Just now, HessStation said:

I agree. I think the decision to start Darnold, was about economics, and not football. I hope Darnold is strong enough to ride out the storm. I think he is.

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The kid is weak, built like a stick, does nothing effectively except run simple go-routes, and is a dumbass off the field. He also sounds like he never made it past the 3rd grade whenever he opens his mouth.

No way should he be a part of our longterm plans.

Re-sign Enunwa and Kearse and draft another receiver within the first 3 rounds.

Receivers with Anderson's speed and deep pass ability keeps opposing defenses honest. He is definitely an asset on the field, but just an ass off of it

10 hours ago, phill1c said:

As did Darnold in the first game. I think you've kinda overestimated the exploitation. The Jets passing offense was 23rd or some such and Anderson had 800 yards. It wasn't an aerial circus.

950....after 13 games....that passing offense went off a cliff after McCown went down and Petty took over and nobody mentioned aerial circus, that would be overestimating 

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Yeah let TEDDY play. Oh wait. 

Only I believe Sam would have made the correct call. Which is infuriating. I'm more pissed now than I was watching that joke of a game. Called it to the T in the 1st q. Pathetic 

12 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

950....after 13 games....that passing offense went off a cliff after McCown went down and Petty took over and nobody mentioned aerial circus, that would be overestimating 

It was shut down. Petty was actually moving the ball when Bowles called into Morton and told him no more passing. Was making ol Joshie look bad. 

not suggesting Petty is very good... he's not. But he WAS moving the ball up until that point where Bowles instructed his OC to quit. BEFORE HALFTIME. 

19 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I read that the other wide receivers were angry last year that Morton only cared about scheming things for Anderson and not them. Robby is the most skilled WR of all of them when its one on one match up and not double covered with a safety up top. Morton knew that and moved Robby around to get him 1-1 so he could burn any CB in the dust. Bates may very well be worse at this than Morton.

I never wanted them to fire Morton.  Josh had a good year under Morton and Josh is a journeyman.  Todd has replaced his OC how many times?  That tells me the guy wants fingers pointed at other people.  God forbid he fire a defensive coordinator.  That would be like firing himself.

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I never wanted them to fire Morton.  Josh had a good year under Morton and Josh is a journeyman.  Todd has replaced his OC how many times?  That tells me the guy wants fingers pointed at other people.  God forbid he fire a defensive coordinator.  That would be like firing himself.  But to tell the truth, you have to hang onto the ball.  Cannot let DBs rip it our of your hand three steps after the catch.  It should be tucked away by then

9 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Receivers with Anderson's speed and deep pass ability keeps opposing defenses honest. He is definitely an asset on the field, but just an ass off of it

Shots downfield loosen a defense, even if they are not completions.  But when you are running your offense to complete 5 yard passes and run 2 yard runs. you cannot spare occasional downfield incompletions

10 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Anderson appears to be behaving.  We have not heard boo from him really, and no gossip sightings of him running around Manhattan.

My guess is that he has someone watching over him, which is good.  

Its when he goes home to Florida that he gets himself into trouble.  Watch the Bye Week.  

21 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I read that the other wide receivers were angry last year that Morton only cared about scheming things for Anderson and not them. Robby is the most skilled WR of all of them when its one on one match up and not double covered with a safety up top. Morton knew that and moved Robby around to get him 1-1 so he could burn any CB in the dust. Bates may very well be worse at this than Morton.

Totally disagree. The guy has made some major mistakes this year on the field. And he has made major mistakes off the field. if you want the team to game playing around you don't fumble and don't have the team worried that you're going to be suspended for the first few games of the year.

21 hours ago, David Harris said:

Robby has the same skill set that Josh McCown was able to exploit last year

I worry that Darnold doesn’t have enough arm to maximize his speed

how can darnold have less of an arm than mccown?  that td pass he made in detroit was nearly 50 yards in the air. and it's not always going deep to make a guy like anderson effective.  look at the 49ers with rice. i would hazard that most of his success came on open crossing patterns that he turned into huge gains.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

how can darnold have less of an arm than mccown?  that td pass he made in detroit was nearly 50 yards in the air. and it's not always going deep to make a guy like anderson effective.  look at the 49ers with rice. i would hazard that most of his success came on open crossing patterns that he turned into huge gains.

I can’t. Stand when idiots translates arm strength into arm talent.. mayfield does not have a cannon, but is one of the most “ accurate “ passers 

53 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Good to see you back jet nut. I noticed your lack of presence days after horrible loss. While everyone was riping into jets I thought “ where is the one guy who defends fockers •••••••••••••••••• “?‍♂️

Do you think thats f*cking funny?

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I can’t. Stand when idiots translates arm strength into arm talent.. mayfield does not have a cannon, but is one of the most “ accurate “ passers 

totally agree.  chaddy was quite good despite a noodle arm.  maybe he would've been much better with a better arm but he was also able to sling it down field at times, at least before the rotator cuff surgery.  the key word, though, is open crossing routes.  the jet receivers always seem to be thrown to in crowds.  and what's frustrating is they're just about all bigger than the corners and safeties that are guarding them.  they should be able to make plays in single coverage.

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Last year Robbie was almost a pro bowler near 1000 yards with Mccown routinely hitting him deep.  I'm sure Bates is aware and is running some of these plays, I'm not sure why Sam and Robby can't connect more?

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Last year Robbie was almost a pro bowler near 1000 yards with Mccown routinely hitting him deep.  I'm sure Bates is aware and is running some of these plays, I'm not sure why Sam and Robby can't connect more?

i don't know nor can i even guess but it does look like they have focused on the short passing game.  it could be they have little faith on the line but even there run plays that put a guy like anderson in space and let him make a play.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, Beerfish said:

Mike mccganan is to blame that we have no deep passing game.  When the oline is so over matched that your qb has no choice but to get rid of it a second it puts crimps in your long game.

Also, here is a memo get your boy robbie to not fumble the ball every second time he get s his mitts on it.

You can blame this guy and that guy.  But at the end of the day, the offensive line is no good.  That's where most of the offensive problems start and end.

Archived