"I Called Every Play on Defense"

BigJermaineFromQnz

NICE.

also, "I'm not gonna tell you who I'm gonna draft".

Talk about different... Herm would have been wearing a Jets Jersey with the draft pick's name on it to the Press Conference.

this guy looks like the real deal, even if he's not 1/5th as charismatic as Herm the Worm.

Charisma wins personality contests..

Toughness and determination wins Championships!

LL

What I like is that he said he will ADAPT to his particular opponent. With Herm no matter what he always kept the same system. I think on D we will see a lot of hybrid stuff...movement between 3-4 and 4-3!

LL

I agree 100%.

"attack the opponents weakness and minimize their strength"

In otherwords keep them guessing.

hey guys , watch what you say about mangini....warfish will sh!t on you for supporting mangini...

No I won't, I'll debate the choice, nothing more, nothing less. :D

Speaking of which, do you all truly believe he called ALL the plays this year himself, without Bellicheks input or override?

when you just outright accuse him of straight up lying, there is no way to reason with that.

You havn't answered the question my slippery friend. Do YOU believe him when he says he called every single play on "D"? Do you believe Bellichek never made a single call, or made a single over-ride?

And if you do, does that alter your view of Bellichek, the X & O genius, if he lets his Co's make all the calls?

You havn't answered the question my slippery friend. Do YOU believe him when he says he called every single play on "D"? Do you believe Bellichek never made a single call, or made a single over-ride?

And if you do, does that alter your view of Bellichek, the X & O genius, if he lets his Co's make all the calls?

I believe what he said, that he called the plays on defense. If you want to just tear up his character, go ahead, but there is no supporting evidence to back up your character attacks.

I believe what he said, that he called the plays on defense. If you want to just tear up his character, go ahead, but there is no supporting evidence to back up your character attacks.

Ok, you take him at his word (true enough, I do not).

With that said, does your view of Bellichek, the future-HOF X&O schemer and defensive playcalling mastermind deminished if you believe he never called his "D"'s as HC of the Pats? Since, one must assume, if he let the kid call all the plays, he very likely let Crenell call all the plays too.

Ok, you take him at his word (true enough, I do not).

With that said, does your view of Bellichek, the future-HOF X&O schemer and defensive playcalling mastermind deminished if you believe he never called his "D"'s as HC of the Pats? Since, one must assume, if he let the kid call all the plays, he very likely let Crenell call all the plays too.

I'm sure most of the plays go through Bellichek first, and he OK's 75% of them or asks for something else. Either way it's still valid for the guy to say "i called all the plays" because that would still be truthful. It was written that on the Asante Samuel(not sure if it was him) INT vs the Jags, He called up a risky protection scheme that allowed the corners to jump the routes if the slants were run, and Bellichek was not happy about the call. When it worked though, the first thing he did was run over to Mangini and give him a pound.

I'm sure most of the plays go through Bellichek first, and he OK's 75% of them or asks for something else. Either way it's still valid for the guy to say "i called all the plays" because that would still be truthful. It was written that on the Asante Samuel(not sure if it was him) INT vs the Jags, He called up a risky protection scheme that allowed the corners to jump the routes if the slants were run, and Bellichek was not happy about the call. When it worked though, the first thing he did was run over to Mangini and give him a pound.

Then it's safe to say the Patriots 26th ranked Defense in 2005, 17th in Points Allowed per Game, 31st in takeaways, is representative of his playcalling? Or do you think it was something else?

Charisma wins personality contests..

Toughness and determination wins Championships!

LL

And when you're me... you've got it all, baby! :lol:

Fish, do you have proof he didn't call every play? I believe there were times, documented times (I can't say for sure, which is why I said I believe), where it was said that Mangini over rode Beli on calls.

Either way, it's a step in the right direction. Why? Because this is change, and it was time for such. Herm had a losing record, his act was wearing thin, and the team wasn't playing well at all. I believe, with a coach like Herm, his act will wear thin, eventually. And, for all intent and purpose, Mangini is the polar opposite from Herm. Either way, it'll make for an intresting season, for sure.

I'm sure most of the plays go through Bellichek first, and he OK's 75% of them or asks for something else.

No way there is time for that. You have to get the play in. You have to get the right players on the field. Certainly isn't time for Belly to approve and ask for another play.

And when you're me... you've got it all, baby! :lol:

Fish, do you have proof he didn't call every play? I believe there were times, documented times (I can't say for sure, which is why I said I believe), where it was said that Mangini over rode Beli on calls.

Either way, it's a step in the right direction. Why? Because this is change, and it was time for such. Herm had a losing record, his act was wearing thin, and the team wasn't playing well at all. I believe, with a coach like Herm, his act will wear thin, eventually. And, for all intent and purpose, Mangini is the polar opposite from Herm. Either way, it'll make for an intresting season, for sure.

Nope, no proof he didn't, just as their is no proof (beyond his word) that he did. Take it on faith I suppose.

Of course, if there are "documented" times when he "over-rode" Bellichek, does that in and of itself not say he didn't call every play? Why would he be over-riding a play-call from Belli, if he himself called all the plays?

And BigJer, you havn't answered my question mate, if indeed Mangini called every play, are the rankings from 2005 directly atributable to him and his playcalling, or is there another cause?

Nope, no proof he didn't, just as their is no proof (beyond his word) that he did. Take it on faith I suppose.

Of course, if there are "documented" times when he "over-rode" Bellichek, does that in and of itself not say he didn't call every play? Why would he be over-riding a play-call from Belli, if he himself called all the plays?

And BigJer, you havn't answered my question mate, if indeed Mangini called every play, are the rankings from 2005 directly atributable to him and his playcalling, or is there another cause?

First off please find me where BB was quoted as saying he over rode Mangini's call. Bot because I do not believe you but because I can not fid it.

I do believe him that he called all the plays. BB called offensive plays this year. I doubt BB would call the whole game.

The New England defense had a ton of injuries this year. Specifically in thier front 7 which is the strength of any defense. Also Harrison was hurt who is thier spy and perhaps best player in the secondary. This is the reason for the stats being like they are. Either way NE was a couple of bad calls away from the championship game. While your boys Mike Sherman and Herm Edwards won 4 games a piece.

First off please find me where BB was quoted as saying he over rode Mangini's call. Bot because I do not believe you but because I can not fid it.

I do believe him that he called all the plays. BB called offensive plays this year. I doubt BB would call the whole game.

The New England defense had a ton of injuries this year. Specifically in thier front 7 which is the strength of any defense. Also Harrison was hurt who is thier spy and perhaps best player in the secondary. This is the reason for the stats being like they are. Either way NE was a couple of bad calls away from the championship game. While your boys Mike Sherman and Herm Edwards won 4 games a piece.

LOL, you are SO funny in your anger Sherry. As a Jets fan, my "Man" is whomever holds the title Head Coach of the New York Jets. Like him, love him or hate him, he is it.

And if you read the thread, you would see that stormshadow19 was the one who suggested that, and I quote: "I believe there were times, documented times (I can't say for sure, which is why I said I believe), where it was said that Mangini over rode Beli on calls". See, not I? I have no idea on that claim, honestly.

LOL, you are SO funny in your anger Sherry. As a Jets fan, my "Man" is whomever holds the title Head Coach of the New York Jets. Like him, love him or hate him, he is it.

And if you read the thread, you would see that stormshadow19 was the one who suggested that, and I quote: "I believe there were times, documented times (I can't say for sure, which is why I said I believe), where it was said that Mangini over rode Beli on calls". See, not I? I have no idea on that claim, honestly.

Right... as in Mangini calling something, Belicheck wanted something else, and Mangini told him to shove it up his ass, he's calling his own defense. As my point states, Mangini ran the whole show.

As for Sherry... he just misread it, is all. Just got Beli and Mangini mixed up. No big.

Archived