cut candidates (nfc) : DeSean Jackson, Eli Manning to hit market ? ? ?

kelly

19 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly. We really lucked out they did not draft Darnold. They actually believed with Barkley and boosting the OL, they could win games with Eli and make a playoff push. As great as Barkley was, he still couldn’t get them out of the cellar. Huge miscalculation by giants. Had they been more realistic and saw they would still suck in 08 even with a amazing talent in Barkley, they would have definitely taken darnold. Now this year’s qb crop is NOWHERE near the talent level of last yr.. I think they try to sign Foles, instead of going with a non sure thing in one of these rookies..

This is a tough spot for a team to be in.  Football is Eli's life.  He gave them 2 Super Bowls.  He spends his week going to charity events mingling with the season ticket holders.  He has the Giants where he wants them.  

Drafting a QB this year is really their best option.  They should be offering the 49ers and then the Jets a very good package.  

53 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a tough spot for a team to be in.  Football is Eli's life.  He gave them 2 Super Bowls.  He spends his week going to charity events mingling with the season ticket holders.  He has the Giants where he wants them.  

Drafting a QB this year is really their best option.  They should be offering the 49ers and then the Jets a very good package.  

They are approaching a decade of being 1 of the cellar teams yr in yr out. Hopefully a Membership we finally pull out of. 

I think giant fans will always love Eli obviously, but they are tired of losing badly every year. Eli is not getting them to the playoffs. Beckham is at height of his career, and will lose some speed in coming years. They have 3 years of Barkley on the cheap before he will deservingly command a high qb salary. We owe Eli for darnold, if he wasn’t such a diva and basically so he doesn’t want to play teacher to a rookie, giants still may have taken darnold

7 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m not disagreeing with you that the Giants defense played a huge role in those SBs but Eli still had to make plays. People think of him as clutch for a reason. 

Thank you. Why do people keep discounting the QB's efforts. Same thing when Sanchez led us to 2 AFC Championship games. He HAD to make plays to get us there. Same with Eli.

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This has to be Eli’s last season.. the guy can’t move. Has a noodle arm. Some qbs age doesn’t effect them as much, not case with Eli. I’d be shocked if giants do not cut him. Sign Foles, or another qb. Unless they draft a qb, and use Eli as a 1 yr seat warmer.

Can't see the Giants cutting Eli but I would have to agree that this is his last year.

49 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Can't see the Giants cutting Eli but I would have to agree that this is his last year.

I just don’t see Eli taking a pay cut. He is too diva and greedy for that ha. Remember when he wanted to be highest paid qb ? And got busted for Having his assistant sign his name on helmets he sold ? Like his bro Peyton, guy will do a Tampax commercial if they paid him enough lol.

But in all seriousness.. I don’t think another team gives Eli any more then half of 23 million to play for them next yr. So much like the situation we were in with Fitzpatrick, why should the giants pay him a lot more than every other team in nfl would offer him ?

On 2/18/2019 at 2:14 PM, rangerous said:

imo the problem with eli is that he is really just an average qb.  he's not elite just like flacco isn't elite.  but since he's the qb he gets far to much credit for the team's failings and too much when they do win.

Eli still throws a nice ball, except in the Red Zone. He’s a statue in the backfield and unless you have a stout O-line that can give him all day to throw his value goes way down. Much of his yardage and completion last year was in garbage time when games were already over.

Archived