Where would the young Joe Namath go in this years draft?

Nixhead

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Namath with the arm talent he had along with his amazing measurables and athleticism would have easily went Number one and it would have been announced by the Cards 3 weeks ago. Namath would throw for 6000 yards in today's NFL

Sounds like a stupid number but yeah, he'd throw for 6000 yards and no one else would for 12 more years.

5 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

On November 28, 1964 Joe Namath was drafted #1 by the AFL's New York Jets. There is no doubt in my mind he would be drafted #1 in this years draft. Imagine him playing in this era where QBs are so protected. I remember a play against the Raiders where Ben Davidson clotheslined Namath, no penalty flag thrown. With his quick read and release he would definitely be the #1 pick.

it's crazy to watch those old games and see what was allowed.

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I think he would be 1st pick without a doubt. With today’s passer friendly rules and his rocket arm and quick release Namath would be a top 5 QB very quickly in this league. Even though his career stats aren’t great he is only 1 of 2 QBs to throw over 4000K yards before 1980 and the passer friendly rule changes and he was the first. He was the best QB in football for about 5 or 6 years in a row. Namath would of been the 1st pick last draft also I believe. 

2nd behind Haskins (according to Bucky Brooks)

Archived