How the Jets crashed and burned after back-to-back AFCCG appearances

Didn't watch, but the Tim Tebow acquisition was an absolute blow to this franchise.
It was made because :
a) ownership meddling in wanting a marketable player
B) Rex loving the read option, because it was a defense he could not defend.

How about the fact that in moments that screamed “Tebow time” there was no Tebow. Then when Sanchez would complete like 5 out of 6 passes and be moving the ball down field they put Tebow in and run up the middle 3 times and punt on 4th and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 hours ago, GhostOfGlennFoley said:

I still think the thing that doomed that era more than anything was replacing Cotchery and Edwards with Mason and Burress. Cotch and Braylon weren't world beaters, but having solid guys who have a good rapport with a young quarterback is imperative.

Sanchez was not a good NFL quarterback. He was inaccurate and couldn’t handle a pass rush to save his life. 

Hanging onto Cotchery and Edwards would have helped, but once the OL/running game deteriorated, we were always going nowhere with Sanchez behind center. 

The reality is that we hid him behind the best OL and running game in the league in 2009-2010. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, slimjasi said:

Sanchez was not a good NFL quarterback. He was inaccurate and couldn’t handle a pass rush to save his life. 

Hanging onto Cotchery and Edwards would have helped, but once the OL/running game deteriorated, we were always going nowhere with Sanchez behind center. 

The reality is that we hid him behind the best OL and running game in the league in 2009-2010. 

Ummmm don't remember saying Sanchez was ever a good quarterback, just that he had a solid  veteran corps of receivers who he developed chemistry with.

Please don't misquote me to harvest upvotes.

43 minutes ago, GhostOfGlennFoley said:

Ummmm don't remember saying Sanchez was ever a good quarterback, just that he had a solid  veteran corps of receivers who he developed chemistry with.

Please don't misquote me to harvest upvotes.

I didn’t misquote you.

calm down, lol