Happy Birthday, Bruuuuuuuuce Harper!

slats

One of my all-time favorites. A guy probably deserving of Ring of Honor honors. Met him at a draft party years ago at the signing table after Ellis and Abraham and asked me, “you sure you want me to sign this?” And I was like, “hell yeah!” 

1019D5E5-142C-4B8A-ABE4-3C37698E41B6.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, slats said:

One of my all-time favorites. A guy probably deserving of Ring of Honor honors. Met him at a draft party years ago at the signing table after Ellis and Abraham and asked me, “you sure you want me to sign this?” And I was like, “hell yeah!” 

Great story.... Great Jet.... humble guy!! Everything you'd like in a Jets player.

50 minutes ago, slats said:

I was too young to really remember Bruce but he was my one of my family's favorite all time players.  I've shared many times before that my brothers and I were fortunate enough as kids to have access to the practice field during training camps.  My brothers got to field punts with Bruce, I was too young.  Father said he was the nicest guy in the word and incredible with the kids.

Got to meet him at a NYC Food and Wine event hosted by the Jets.  Such a cool dude.  I asked him about what he thought of the kicking/kick return game in today's NFL.  His response was classic, "man, it's a joke.  Tell you what, I would have never had a job in today's game".  lol

Happy Bday Bruce! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1