Baldy breakdown on CJ Mosley...

I think that it is key that on defense and offense we have added some players who will make others better at their own roles. We're not there yet, but I think over these last two seasons a good foundation has been built.  I'm also optimistic that the new front office will be able to sustain this.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Well Mac brought all these guys (players) in so if this team gels that say a lot about Mac's progress as a GM (in all cases I still wanted him gone) and about just how bad our prior CS really had been.  

I wanted mac gone too but if they win 10-11 games next year, we were wrong.  

Mosely passion and leadership are just as important as his play.  We need guys in the locker room like him.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Well Mac brought all these guys (players) in so if this team gels that say a lot about Mac's progress as a GM (in all cases I still wanted him gone) and about just how bad our prior CS really had been.  

Agreed, even if these big signings turn out to be great, you have to be able to draft well for continued success. His drafts have been horrific and our depth all over the roster sans RB is abysmal. 

I’m no Mac apologist but a huge part of the problem was the HC - GM relationship. The HC needs to have a planned program that has specific player profiles. Bowles never had one, minus maybe the secondary. Mac clearly wasn’t an all-inclusive ceo type that solicited feedback and team cohesion. It was amateur hour and we all knew since about Week 3 of 2016 after the KC game.

This free agency class might pan out for us, but if we are going to get a championship, it’ll be because Douglas will fill out the starting roster and stack up quality depth pieces that make sense for Gase and G. Williams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

While I admit these are Mac additions, I have to believe coaching up, properly deploying and motivating the newcomers AND those who were already here is something that the new staff can do that the old coaching staff most definitely could NOT. That in itself is worth a game or two, let alone a better talent level/deeper bench. I expect Douglass to work on the bench this year - and do better with starter level talent next draft and off-season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed, even if these big signings turn out to be great, you have to be able to draft well for continued success. His drafts have been horrific and our depth all over the roster sans RB is abysmal. 

I’m no Mac apologist but a huge part of the problem was the HC - GM relationship. The HC needs to have a planned program that has specific player profiles. Bowles never had one, minus maybe the secondary. Mac clearly wasn’t an all-inclusive ceo type that solicited feedback and team cohesion. It was amateur hour and we all knew since about Week 3 of 2016 after the KC game.

This free agency class might pan out for us, but if we are going to get a championship, it’ll be because Douglas will fill out the starting roster and stack up quality depth pieces that make sense for Gase and G. Williams.

This - Mac offered the most money to the top NFL FA's two years in a row - and about half of them took less money to go somewhere else, not a great track record or credit to his work as a GM and the fact that he had the most money is due to having no plan to build a roster and no need to pay players drafted/developed on the team

If QW and Leo form a monster interior DL for the next 5 years and the Jets get 3 starters (net) from this draft then we can talk about giving Mac some credit (IMHO wins will be influenced more by Greg and Adam and last minute rosters changes by the new FO)   

• Upvote 1