Players whose roster spots are on the line tonight...

NYJ1

They were saying that Bilal has looked good in practice. He hasn’t in games except one typical Powell draw play when he looked like his old self other than that play I don’t recall him being effective. But he didn’t play today so that could mean he’s made the team. I also like McGuire and he’s only 25 but he could have value to another team like maybe Houston. If cut he should get a job. Cannon will probably make the team and Dortch the practice squad. I like a number of our wide receivers and liked Burnett last year and he has a history with Sam but he could be doomed. Maybe he’d go through waivers though and we could PS him, too. As for Polite maybe they didn’t give him too many snaps (on purpose) tonight because they want to cut him and don’t want anyone to sign him so we can. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

They were saying that Bilal has looked good in practice. He hasn’t in games except one typical Powell draw play when he looked like his old self other than that play I don’t recall him being effective. But he didn’t play today so that could mean he’s made the team. I also like McGuire and he’s only 25 but he could have value to another team like maybe Houston. If cut he should get a job. Cannon will probably make the team and Dortch the practice squad. I like a number of our wide receivers and liked Burnett last year and he has a history with Sam but he could be doomed. Maybe he’d go through waivers though and we could PS him, too. As for Polite maybe they didn’t give him too many snaps (on purpose) tonight because they want to cut him and don’t want anyone to sign him so we can. 

Dortch better not get cut. 

18 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Matthew Slater on the Pats. 

WRONG. Matthew Slater caught one pass for 46 yards in 2011. But I'll admit that's pretty close.  Teams must get contributions on offense and defense from ST players. That's a fact. Slater is probably the closest thing you'll ever find to proving your point. Close but no dice.

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

WRONG. Matthew Slater caught one pass for 46 yards in 2011. But I'll admit that's pretty close.  Teams must get contributions on offense and defense from ST players. That's a fact. Slater is probably the closest thing you'll ever find to proving your point. Close but no dice.

Stop already. You are completely and totally wrong.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I’m not sure Dortch has the value that Cannon has overall. If Cannon is cut he will be picked up by someone. Dortch might not be. 

Danny Woodhead was a fan of his see Dortch in the same light. He most likely gets a chance some place.

9 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

So you're saying that BB kept Slater on the roster so he could have him catch one pass in 8 years?

He's a dedicated special teamer. That's his job. That's why he's on the roster. 

Your original assertion was patently false yet you're still arrogantly clinging to the single thread you have left. One ******* pass in 2011. 

Good lord.