Colts | James feels his Colts' days are over

Smizzy

Colts | James feels his Colts' days are over

Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:16:04 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James has resigned himself to the fact he won't be with the team in 2006. "I don't see nothing happening,'' he said Thursday night, Feb. 2, after a taping session in Detroit with the NFL Network. "You can read between the lines and from the things I'm hearing, nothing's going to happen." The team had no comment on James' statements. When the veteran free agent market opens March 3, he'll see who's interested in a consummate running back who has rushed for a club-record 9,226 yards and amassed 12,065 total yards from scrimmage. "Maybe I'll get to a situation where somebody appreciates me,'' James said. "I'm going to always be a ballplayer. You know I've got game. You can't knock what I do."

Where does he go?

Yeah, I'd say Arizona's a good bet unless Seattle somehow doesn't manage to resign Alexander and he goes to the Cardinals instead. Maybe Cleveland, Minnesota, or Tennessee makes some moves and tries to get him. Minnesota and Cleveland are probably happy with Droughns and Moore/Bennett though. And I'm not sure if Tennesse wants to or could move either Henry or Brown to open the spot for him.

Bill Polian has to be pulling his hair out of his head. To put together two offensivie Juggernauts (first the Bills and then the Colts) and not ever win sht.

True. His achilles heel in both cases was coaches who were solid during year , BUT had rep of going conservative and freesing in big games. Dungy and Levy.

Who will ever forget against the Giants when the Bills refused to back off the NoHuddle and tried to throw every down vs 8 DBs. Then they went with Thurman in 2nd half and went wild and made it a close game. Good ole marv, wouldnt give in till 2nd half. (Bellys Defense by the way)

Arizona has JJ Arrington who I believe they are high on...why would they want to invest all that money on James??

I think he will still be a Colt next year

The Cardinals were high on Arrington prior to last season. Then, they played it and realized he SUCKS.

Archived