Jay Mohr - Diet Pepsi

Maxman

Jay is a funny guy. A really funny guy, his work on Opie and Anthony is legendary.

But Jay...did you need the money that bad? To associate yourself with those lame Diet Pepsi jokes? Cmon. Get a new agent. Certainly a better agent could have scored you a role in one of the funny commercials. How about the role of Caveman # 2 in the Fed Ex commercial? At least that one was funny.

...I hear he is a regular poster at JI. Has one of the 16H t-shirts too....;)

Yeah, he is. I made fun of him due to his recent engagement to Nikki Cox. I posted that he must like the taste of Bobcat Goldwaith's pecker. My post was promptly deleted. I then posted that he liked sloppy seconds and that was deleted too. No making fun of Jayjay at JI.

not that I care one way or the other but let's be real if someone pulled up in front of any of our houses with the dump truck full of cash he will make from those ads (he gets a cut not only for filming it but every time it plays based on the size of the market) - well s--t you'd see me on TV being like "Diet Pepsi can you're the best!" And i f--king hate Pepsi!

not that I care one way or the other but let's be real if someone pulled up in front of any of our houses with the dump truck full of cash he will make from those ads (he gets a cut not only for filming it but every time it plays based on the size of the market) - well s--t you'd see me on TV being like "Diet Pepsi can you're the best!" And i f--king hate Pepsi!

Now that's something we can pretty much all agree with.

Well my point was...he is funny. Can't he get paid and not compromise his 'comedic values'? I find it shocking that nobody involved in the process would step up and say, uh this is really unfunny. Time for plan b.

true but there's nothing unfunny about gobs and gobs of cash money.

Humor me for a second it's only recently i learned about advertising since my brother got a job in the industry.

With a big national spot like this the actor makes a huge fee for filming - say it's 100 large for a guy like Mohr. Maybe more because it's a SB spot.

Then he gets a cut every time it runs. EVERY TIME! If it's a great ad and runs for years that's money for nothing. And it's a cut based on not only how many markets but how large the markets are... so a national spot that runs in every single TV market in America - this spot is potentially worth millions to Jay Mohr.

true but there's nothing unfunny about gobs and gobs of cash money.

Humor me for a second it's only recently i learned about advertising since my brother got a job in the industry.

With a big national spot like this the actor makes a huge fee for filming - say it's 100 large for a guy like Mohr. Maybe more because it's a SB spot.

Then he gets a cut every time it runs. EVERY TIME! If it's a great ad and runs for years that's money for nothing. And it's a cut based on not only how many markets but how large the markets are... so a national spot that runs in every single TV market in America - this spot is potentially worth millions to Jay Mohr.

I he is making millions then I can pardon him for selling his soul. I thought maybe he got 200k or so. Still a lot of money. But he has the means available to make a lot of money other ways. He is talented.

You are probably right though about the amount. No way Diddy shows up unless he is getting PAID.

Archived