injuries

batman10023

look at this list for the Jets salary cap.

add up the players that have missed time for injuries this year (or are out for the year).

it's remarkable.  

to me this feels like the 49ners last year.  they get a great draft pick due to injuries and they make the rest of the league pay in the following year.  i expect a similar situation with the Jets next year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

add up the players that have missed time for injuries this year (or are out for the year).

it's remarkable.  

to me this feels like the 49ners last year.  they get a great draft pick due to injuries and they make the rest of the league pay in the following year.  i expect a similar situation with the Jets next year.

Wow $59 million in either Injured reserve or Dead Cap money. Some top roster management, and GM’ing there.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wow $59 million in either Injured reserve or Dead Cap money. Some top roster management, and GM’ing there.

that's not all - look at the cap totals of players who have missed significant time (cj, sam, etc).  

you just can't fire a coach with that type of injuries especially in year 1.  as much as many of us want that to be the case.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because teams and GMs should know that the team would have a huge number of injuries?  
MMQBs

Well $26 mill is dead cap taken up by mostly Leonard Williams and Kelechi Osemele. Both Maccagnan garbage.

The IR cap is mostly Trumaine Johnson who was IR’ed because he stunk so badly. Avery Williamson was bad luck and Gase playing him in a meaningless pre-season game. Quincy Enunwa should never have been re-signed. He’s done with the second neck injury, more Macc magic.

31 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well $26 mill is dead cap taken up by mostly Leonard Williams and Kelechi Osemele. Both Maccagnan garbage.

The IR cap is mostly Trumaine Johnson who was IR’ed because he stunk so badly. Avery Williamson was bad luck and Gase playing him in a meaningless pre-season game. Quincy Enunwa should never have been re-signed. He’s done with the second neck injury, more Macc magic.

LW is done, so is KO after this season.  
AW needed to work as a play caller. Shlt happens

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

it's remarkable.  

You do? That's awesome.