MOCK DRAFT: WORST CASE SCENARIO

PepPep

Thought it would be interesting to do a quick mock assuming the Jets slide to 14th overall. Also, most of the selections I have them going with are, essentially, considered 'reaches' at their respective picks b/c the better prospects were gone. This is my 'worst case scenario' mock. What do ya'll think? 

Rd. 1: Pick 14: Jets win a meaningless game and slip to the 14th pick. Jets miss out on the top 3 OTs in Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills. The selection here is still an OT and a good one- A.Leatherwood- OT, Alabama.  

Rd. 2: Both C's Biadasz and Humphrey are off the board and there was a run late in Rd. 1 into Rd. 2 on CBs. With their selection in Rd. 2, the Jets take Donovan Peoples-Jones- WR, Michigan. Actually one of my favorite prospects in the draft but early in Rd. 2 with such a deep WR draft this can be considered a reach.   

Rd. 3: Having missed out on the top CB prospects in Rd. 2, the Jets decide to go back to addressing the O-line with the versatility of Yasir Durant- OT/OG, Missouri. 

Rd. 3: With an urgency to address the CB position, the Jets take a chance on a developmental player with immense upside in Eric Stokes- CB, Georgia. Stokes has the speed, size and athleticism to play on the outside in the NFL but will need time to develop and get stronger to be a starting outside NFL CB. 

Rd. 4: The Jets take advantage of the depth of the WR position in this drat and add another weapon for Sam Darnold in Jauan Jennings- WR, Tenn. 

Rd. 5: Whether the Jets trade Jamal Adams is unclear. But with both Adams and Maye headed for FA in 2021 it would make sense to add some developmental depth to the position. In Rd. 5 the Jets take Reggie Floyd- S, VT. 

In the 6th round the Jets take a C to back up Harrison and possibly take over as the eventual starter in Donell Stanley- C, South Carolina. He also has experience at both Guard positions and could serve as a versatile backup if needed. 

Rd. 7: The Jets take another WR. Emeka Emezie- WR, NC State. Strong, powerful receiver who would potentially play as the Y, very similar to Enunwa's role- who I am assuming will be on IR once again.  

A.Leatherwood- OT, Alabama

Donovan Peoples-Jones- WR, Michigan

Yasir Durant- OT/OG

Eric Stokes- CB, Georgia

Jauan Jennings- WR, Tenn. 

Reggie Floyd- S, VT. 

Donell Stanley- C, South Carolina

Emeka Emezie- WR, NC State

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Im sorry but this looks like you tried to do your best Mike Maccagnan impersonation with this one.

DPJ in the second? Really? The best season this guy had was 600 yrds.

Would like to see a guy like Josh Jones the tackle from Houston in the 3rd, even though I think his stock is going to blow up in the next couple of months.

If we trade Jamal my dream draft would be 

1st - Jerry Jeudy,  Jedrick Wills

2nd - Creed Humphrey

3rd - Josh Jones, Trey Smith

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Im sorry but this looks like you tried to do your best Mike Maccagnan impersonation with this one.

Would like to see a guy like Josh Jones the tackle from Houston in the 3rd, even though I think his stock is going to blow up in the next couple of months.

2nd - Creed Humphrey

Ok. But Jeudy in Rd. 1 and Humphrey in Rd. 2 is NOT worst case scenario. Many have Jeudy going top 5. I'm asserting Jets fall to pick 14 AND some of the better prospects are OFF THE BOARD. Thats the whole point of this mock. Most of these are reaches on purpose, to show worst case scenario selections.

DPJ is a beast and if he runs well at the combine he will be projected late 2nd-3rd round easily. He is well within that 2nd level of WRs in this very deep, talented class. I think his numbers suffered from the offense and QB play, but no, he didn't break 1,000 yrds at Michigan. I love the tape on him though and he can do a little bit of everything.   

BTW- Josh Jones is a project. Every draft profile I have read on him says he is a raw prospect who will need a ton of work at the next level. High risk, high reward. Talk about a Macc pick. And you want to take him early in Rd. 3. How about Trey Smith- missed a season due to a blood clot in his lung. Still unclear how that will affect his play or whether he will really be able to play in the NFL or whether it will come back and sideline him anytime soon. Another 'Macc' high injury risk selection and you want to take him early in Rd. 3. 

JUST SAYIN' LOL  

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

2nd - Creed Humphrey

Agree about Josh Jones.  Senior Bowl will be HUGE for him.   He could vault himself into the first round with a great showing.  

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agree about Josh Jones.  Senior Bowl will be HUGE for him.   He could vault himself into the first round with a great showing.  

On another note, saw you guys had another horrible recruiting class.? Also heard that USC had the worst recruiting class in the PAC12. The WORST. Seems almost inconceivable.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Ok. But Jeudy in Rd. 1 and Humphrey in Rd. 2 is NOT worst case scenario. Many have Jeudy going top 5. I'm asserting Jets fall to pick 14 AND some of the better prospects are OFF THE BOARD. Thats the whole point of this mock. Most of these are reaches on purpose, to show worst case scenario selections.

DPJ is a beast and if he runs well at the combine he will be projected late 2nd-3rd round easily. He is well within that 2nd level of WRs in this very deep, talented class. I think his numbers suffered from the offense and QB play, but no, he didn't break 1,000 yrds at Michigan. I love the tape on him though and he can do a little bit of everything.   

BTW- Josh Jones is a project. Every draft profile I have read on him says he is a raw prospect who will need a ton of work at the next level. High risk, high reward. Talk about a Macc pick. And you want to take him early in Rd. 3. How about Trey Smith- missed a season due to a blood clot in his lung. Still unclear how that will affect his play or whether he will really be able to play in the NFL or whether it will come back and sideline him anytime soon. Another 'Macc' high injury risk selection and you want to take him early in Rd. 3. 

JUST SAYIN' LOL  

Ok i get it.

God forbid this scenario happening.