Shaun Ellis

Curtis Martin

Chad Pennington

Cut

Jason Fabini

Jay Fiedler

Feel free to add on

Cut - mawae

restructure - drob, tell him his fat ass knees are gonna make it impsoobile to play as a star, so we will give him a extra year or twio to be a backup at reduced rates

Restructure

-----------

Ellis

Mawae

Pennington

Martin

D-Rob

Kendall

Coles

McCariens

Cut

---

Fabini

Law

Fiedler

Jets will be broke after 2006 season....

You cant restructure too many players' contracts to fit under the 2006 salary cap. Perhaps 2 or 3 and thats it.

martin and pennington contracts are better off to be restructured because they may be gone after 2006. Restructured or not, Jets will face the heavy hit in the cap for 2007 and beyond that...So no difference except for 2006.

Cut Law on 28th of this month,

cut Fiedler in March,

cut Fabini after June 1st.

Slap JA a Transition tag. It is cheaper.

Jets will be broke after 2006 season....

You cant restructure too many players' contracts to fit under the 2006 salary cap. Perhaps 2 or 3 and thats it.

martin and pennington contracts are better off to be restructured because they may be gone after 2006. Restructured or not, Jets will face the heavy hit in the cap for 2007 and beyond that...So no difference except for 2006.

Cut Law on 28th of this month,

cut Fiedler in March,

cut Fabini after June 1st.

Slap JA a Transition tag. It is cheaper.

Actually, wouldn't that all depend on how they re-structure? Give some guys more money in two years, others in three and so on. Some of these guys are under contract for another three or four years.

Actually, wouldn't that all depend on how they re-structure? Give some guys more money in two years, others in three and so on. Some of these guys are under contract for another three or four years.

Once you cut the base salary for this season it will become SB automaticially so thus you will be compelled to pay the "owed or deferred" money fully next season.

For example, you have 3.5 base salary plus 3 signing bonus coming up this season but you will get 3.5 but you may or may not get full signing bonus. So thus leftover unpaid SB will move to next season.... If Jets cut your base salary to 1.5 then that 2 million cut will become a SB for next season and MUST BE INCLUDED to the team salary cap in that season..

Bottom line is Jets get some breathing room in 2006 but will face hefty salary cap.. It is not good idea to restructure many players disregarding how much break will Jets have in 2006.

Cool...I know a couple sites who could use a new Mod. Thanks for the chance to help out around here Max.

Smizzy,

You do a good job here. But the old regime signed you to a crazy deal. For a compiler such as yourself I just can't see us paying you that much.

We can't tie up all our money for our # 2 mod. The Admins get antsy, the posters freak out.

Nothing personal man. :cool:

Smizzy,

You do a good job here. But the old regime signed you to a crazy deal. For a compiler such as yourself I just can't see us paying you that much.

We can't tie up all our money for our # 2 mod. The Admins get antsy, the posters freak out.

Nothing personal man. :cool:

#2 Mod? Im a #1 born and raised. Im not one to gossip but I hear the admins here have an Alcohol /Narcotics problem. and GOB told me it's in our best interest to look for employment elsewhere.

Cut - mawae

restructure - drob, tell him his fat ass knees are gonna make it impsoobile to play as a star, so we will give him a extra year or twio to be a backup at reduced rates

Can't believe SJ made a post without using the word "turd".:eek:

Anyway, he's right on target.

Mawae has been playing on reputation for the last 2 years, and DFat is a complete joke for what the Jets are paying.

Can't believe SJ made a post without using the word "turd".:eek:

Anyway, he's right on target.

Mawae has been playing on reputation for the last 2 years, and DFat is a complete joke for what the Jets are paying.

Kevin Mawae is the least of our problems. There is other stuff to fix first.

Kevin Mawae is the least of our problems. There is other stuff to fix first.

mawae is actually one of our BIGGEST problesm,,

he is WAY overrated, and he is a CLUBHOUSE LAWYER,,, Mangini wont put up with that,,Mawae likes to see his name in ink too much ,,he speaks without thinkin all the time,,hence his statement to media,,'Groh is too hard' when Groh left and 'Herm is too soft' when Herm left,,,

adios muchacho!!!!!!!!

Martin, Fabini, Law, Fiedler and Kendell are to be cut. Has to be that way. Figure out if it should be done before or after June 1, but these guys need to go. I don't care if Curtis showed up at Mangini's press conf. or not. Sorry guy.

Penny, D-Rob and Mawae need to be restructured. I think we are OK after this.

Martin, Fabini, Law, Fiedler and Kendell are to be cut. Has to be that way. Figure out if it should be done before or after June 1, but these guys need to go. I don't care if Curtis showed up at Mangini's press conf. or not. Sorry guy.

Penny, D-Rob and Mawae need to be restructured. I think we are OK after this.

only if their restructuring doesn't give them even more guaranteed money. Mawae is cuttable next year if he's holding us back. Give him more bonus money in lieu of 2006 salary & he might not be.

Do NOT jeopardize the future for comfort in a rebuilding year. Cut Kendall. Leave Mawae alone for 1 year unless we're able to grab a start-now replacement via draft/FA. Assuming there is a cap next year, try to imagine the cap shape we'd be in by ridding ourselves of Martin, Fabini, Law, Fiedler, Kendall, Pennington, Chrebet all in one shot this year.

After 2006, Jones-Hobson-Askew are all FA's & are all replaceable.

only if their restructuring doesn't give them even more guaranteed money. Mawae is cuttable next year if he's holding us back. Give him more bonus money in lieu of 2006 salary & he might not be.

Do NOT jeopardize the future for comfort in a rebuilding year. Cut Kendall. Leave Mawae alone for 1 year unless we're able to grab a start-now replacement via draft/FA. Assuming there is a cap next year, try to imagine the cap shape we'd be in by ridding ourselves of Martin, Fabini, Law, Fiedler, Kendall, Pennington, Chrebet all in one shot this year.

After 2006, Jones-Hobson-Askew are all FA's & are all replaceable.

I would hope that the Jets can get off from giving more guaranteed $$$$ in any restructure, even though that's a pipe dream. But you have to keep it at a minimum.

Archived