Sounds like Rojas.......Luis, not Mel

section314

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Multi year deal.

This is the guy who is the son of one of the Alou brothers, right?

I'm okay with this, if it's true. He seems to be pretty highly regarded.

I wanted Girardi to be the hire, and I was never really excited about Beltran. It seems like the manager position has changed a lot the last few years. It now seems like they're just an on the field contact for the "analytics people" to relay marching orders to.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This is the guy who is the son of one of the Alou brothers, right?

I'm okay with this, if it's true. He seems to be pretty highly regarded.

I wanted Girardi to be the hire, and I was never really excited about Beltran. It seems like the manager position has changed a lot the last few years. It now seems like they're just an on the field contact for the "analytics people" to relay marching orders to.

Yes, believe that's right. They do really like him. Saw the other day that the Red Sox were very interested in Meulens, our bench coach. It's ironic, don't know what kind of a manager Carlos would have been, but it seems like he put together a nice staff. Many times, that's like 50% of the battle anyway.

17 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes, believe that's right. They do really like him. Saw the other day that the Red Sox were very interested in Meulens, our bench coach. It's ironic, don't know what kind of a manager Carlos would have been, but it seems like he put together a nice staff. Many times, that's like 50% of the battle anyway.

If you're referring to Meulens and Rojas, they were already in the organization, no?

I honestly don't know who he brought in himself though, I just haven't followed that. If you were talking about other people, I'd love to hear who they are.

So, Felipe's son, huh?

First manager of the Mets to have a half brother (Moises) and Uncle (Jesus) as former Mets. (SIlly trivia for the future)

Had one good year and one bad as the AA Binghampton manager. It's a good thing that the old Scout baseball forum is gone. There would be LIC (Luis is clueless) threads by mid March.

Let's give him a chance and see what he can do.

• Upvote 1