JD is most like to do this with pick at #11....

The # 11 pick  

26 members have voted

1. 1. The #11 pick will be...

• An Offensive Lineman
    • A Wide Receiver
    • An Edge Rusher
    • Some other position
    • Traded

Agree. I think the mid-high end talent in the draft is overrated but there is good depth at positions the Jets need to address short term and long term. That Douglas hasn’t made a lot of long term commitments signals to me that there is a lot of room for long term building blocks. And the draft is generally best viewed as a volume play.

i think if he loves a tackle at eleven he hangs and drafts him and that’s the most likely non move down scenario. Don’t buy into the idea each of the top four is a fit.

I chose 'traded' and here is my very bold prediction:

When Jets are on the clock at 11, Wills, Becton, Jeudy and Ruggs are on the board.  With the Wills "card" (not sure how this draft will go, but metaphorically) in hand, the Jets receive a call from the Denver Broncos for a trade.  The Broncos are willing to trade the 15th and 46th pick for the 11th and 79th.  They want Jeudy before the Raiders.  After some internal discussions, Douglas is willing to make the trade thinking that they can still grab Josh Jones at 15 as a fall back plan or continue to trade back and still grab Jones.  Denver selects Jerry Jeudy... Jets fans are angry with the decision.  The Raiders select Ruggs with the next pick, while Jets fans are ready to call it quits with the top 3 WRs gone.  The 49ers select Javon Kinlaw to replace the hole left by DeForest Buckner.  Jets fans realize that they can still get Wills or Becton at 15.  Tampa Bay selects Mekhi Becton, 6'7" 368 lbs to bookend their line with Donovan Smith 6'6" 338 lbs on the other end to protect their statue at QB.  With the Jets on the clock again at 15, the player they were planning to select at 11 has fallen into their lap again and this time they select Jedrick Wills to start at RT and make the switch over the LT in a year or two.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

I chose 'traded' and here is my very bold prediction:

When Jets are on the clock at 11, Wills, Becton, Jeudy and Ruggs are on the board.  With the Wills "card" (not sure how this draft will go, but metaphorically) in hand, the Jets receive a call from the Denver Broncos for a trade.  The Broncos are willing to trade the 15th and 46th pick for the 11th and 79th.  They want Jeudy before the Raiders.  After some internal discussions, Douglas is willing to make the trade thinking that they can still grab Josh Jones at 15 as a fall back plan or continue to trade back and still grab Jones.  Denver selects Jerry Jeudy... Jets fans are angry with the decision.  The Raiders select Ruggs with the next pick, while Jets fans are ready to call it quits with the top 3 WRs gone.  The 49ers select Javon Kinlaw to replace the hole left by DeForest Buckner.  Jets fans realize that they can still get Wills or Becton at 15.  Tampa Bay selects Mekhi Becton, 6'7" 368 lbs to bookend their line with Donovan Smith 6'6" 338 lbs on the other end to protect their statue at QB.  With the Jets on the clock again at 15, the player they were planning to select at 11 has fallen into their lap again and this time they select Jedrick Wills to start at RT and make the switch over the LT in a year or two.

You, like me, has to much time on your hands.

• Upvote 1