Bye, bye Teddy!

NIGHT STALKER

Vikings | Cottrell to retire

Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:52:07 -0800

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports former Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell revealed Monday, Feb. 13, that he has filed retirement papers with the NFL. "I don't want to retire," Cottrell, 58, said. "I'm being forced into retirement." Cottrell has been unable to land a job with an NFL team, despite 10 head coaching changes. "It's been a bizarre year," Cottrell said. "All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"

That surprises me. He might have to step down from coordinator to an assistant job, but I can't believe no one wants him at all.

He did a nice job in Buffalo and could have done a good job with the Jets if he had a competent boss.

:baby: WAAAAAAAAAA :baby:

it couldn't have anything to do with his current track record could it?

and sorry Bob, but you can't blame EVERYTHING on Herm, (can you?)

Cottrell came here with a defense that worked in Buffalo and would have fit the Jets' personnel. Hermie insisted on some ****ed-up hybrid of the "cover who?" that didn't work. When it failed, he threw Cottrell under the bus.

Yeah, Al. I blame Hermie.

SJ, good point about the pension plan. I don't know how it works, but that's a good possibility.

Cottrell came here with a defense that worked in Buffalo and would have fit the Jets' personnel. Hermie insisted on some ****ed-up hybrid of the "cover who?" that didn't work. When it failed, he threw Cottrell under the bus.

Yeah, Al. I blame Hermie.

SJ, good point about the pension plan. I don't know how it works, but that's a good possibility.

now thats just stupid bob...cotrell leaves and the defense gains respectability...he goes to a star studded defense in minny and cant do squat there...but somehow its herms fault that his career as a dc is over?

now thats just stupid bob...cotrell leaves and the defense gains respectability...he goes to a star studded defense in minny and cant do squat there...but somehow its herms fault that his career as a dc is over?

At JN, its always Herms fault. If you want to continiue here you will need to remember that.

As a matter of fact, some JN posters have uncovered Grassy Knoll pictures of Herm

At JN, its always Herms fault. If you want to continiue here you will need to remember that.

As a matter of fact, some JN posters have uncovered Grassy Knoll pictures of Herm

youre right SJ...i forgot which side of the street i was on...

herm edwards was the mental inspiration for communism, facism, and the 9/11 attacks...

Archived