JDs Comp pick strategy

I see what JD is doing in regards to the comp game and I’m a fan  I got one have zero clue how the picks are decided or anything. All these one year deals. Drafting guys to replace this one year deals. Granted we may re sign some but I like where his mind is

Poole Jenkins Desir Logan Ryan if we sign him

Potentially Van Rotten Winters or Williamson

Maye Perriman

Clowney if he signed here and left 1 year after. It seems JD values more picks and drafts with the present and future in mind.  I feel like Maye walks and gets a nice dollar sign elsewhere with Davis stepping in. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I like the plan.  Comp picks are valuable especially now that you can trade them.  plus we also got that extra 5th for the Leo trade 

I completely forgot about that pick. Doesn’t it become a 4 if they reach an agreement in season or is it a 5 because of the tag now

3 minutes ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

I completely forgot about that pick. Doesn’t it become a 4 if they reach an agreement in season or is it a 5 because of the tag now

Not sure to be honest.  I thought he had to sign a new contract before the new league year.  Either way it was still a great trade.  You can find nice gems in the 5th round like we have in this draft with Hall

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

I think it is a 5th.  There was no extension before the league year, so it can't be the 4th.  I'm not sure what pick they are getting back from the Pats.  It might be the Demaryius Thomas pick, or it might be one of the other 2 picks the Pats have in the 2021 6th round (their own pick, and the Cowboys pick for Michael  Bennett).  It could theoretically even be a comp pick that they don't have yet.  They also may get a 7th from the Seahawks for Parry Nickerson, but I am not sure of what the conditions were.  I tend to think not because Nickerson only last a couple of weeks in Seattle and has been off and on the Jags and their practice squad ever since.

]

• Upvote 1