Bill Pickel Tecmo Bowl SuperMan

Kind of a similar experience to that of playing NHL94 with NY Ranger Alexei Kovalev-a talented player but better in the game than real like. If you played a season he won the scoring trophy and best defensive forward award. Rangers GM Neil Smith picked up some easy coin being a "consultant" for EA when they designed the game, and he drafted Kovalev. Kovalev had a great career, even being the captain of the Candiens for a bit. But you could not account for him being a knucklehead. oN one occasion, Coach Mike Keenan grew so exasperated with the mercurial Kovalev ignoreing getting off the ice as was cusotmary after 90 seconds,   left him out there for more than  a 7 minute shift. Kovalev was so clueless he thought Keenan merely thought he was having a  good shift rather than furious. 

This guy figured out how to make Oakland Raider DL Pickel an all time great in a video game. Again, very good player, but nowhere near real life. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/22/quest-to-beat-tecmo-bowl-with-help-from-expert

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Kind of a similar experience to that of playing NHL94 with NY Ranger Alexei Kovalev-a talented player but better in the game than real like. If you played a season he won the scoring trophy and best defensive forward award. Rangers GM Neil Smith picked up some easy coin being a "consultant" for EA when they designed the game, and he drafted Kovalev. Kovalev had a great career, even being the captain of the Candiens for a bit. But you could not account for him being a knucklehead. oN one occasion, Coach Mike Keenan grew so exasperated with the mercurial Kovalev ignoreing getting off the ice as was cusotmary after 90 seconds,   left him out there for more than  a 7 minute shift. Kovalev was so clueless he thought Keenan merely thought he was having a  good shift rather than furious. 
This guy figured out how to make Oakland Raider DL Pickel an all time great in a video game. Again, very good player, but nowhere near real life. 
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/22/quest-to-beat-tecmo-bowl-with-help-from-expert
Nice article, sometimes I will turn on my Retron and play tecmo bowl it's a great game.

I love the nostalgia of playing retro games!

Brings back some fond childhood memories.  I once led the Chiefs to a 15-1 record and a Tecmo SB title with the Chiefs by running Christian Okoye on every single offensive play. He racked up over 3500 yards on the ground for the season.  Dan Saleaumua played the Bill Pickel role described in the article.  

• Sympathy 1