Starting Lineup Released

11 hours ago, RobR said:

No, it was me that said during the draft in real time that I would have selected Duvernay at that slot and talked about him extensively pre draft. You obviously know that because like myself 90% of your posts are in the DF. We needed to draft 2 Wr's this year and he was there when we were on the clock and instead we drafted a physical freak edge guy that can't stay healthy and is now on IR before he even got in one practice. 

Maybe you should watch some tape of Duvernay before you talk about what type of player he is. Dude is built like a brick sh*thouse and has great speed and natural hands. 

It's nothing more than a simple critique on an otherwise great draft. 

Thats not my point at all. My point was yes, we needed another WR, we needed an Edge rusher too. Fine, JD rolled the dice on an often injured prospect and TBD if that works out, so far not looking good. Maybe would have made more sense to draft a WR.

HOWEVER, everything I have read about Duvernay tells me he was a slot receiver in Texas and is projected to be a slot receiver in the NFL. I mean, right now he is fighting for a starting slot receiver job on the Ravens. They are not intending on lining him up on the outside.  I looked it up and guess what, he was extensively used out of the slot in Texas. AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS? How are we pretending he's not a slot receiver? Again, there's nothing WRONG with that. But why argue about it.

Sure, he is built like a brick house and fast and has great hands, theres no argument here. Can he be used in other ways? Sure. He could turn into a Pro Bowl player and we may have whiffed on someone great. But AGAIN, not the point. The point was not about the player, it was about the position. The point was that the ONE position we DID have addressed was the slot with Crowder. So it at least makes SOME sense that we passed on Duvernay and took an Edge. If we took another WR who played primarily on the outside that would make more sense as well. If we took a CB, also would make more sense.