Any Betters/Gamblers?

Ghost

I usually do my research before placing a football/basketball parlay but I’ve had some awful luck recently. I know there are some people that use certain websites to give them “locks for the week.” Anyone have any recommendations? 

Also, if you haven’t signed up for DraftKings yet, I can refer you and we both get a $100 bet ? 

I know there are some people that use certain websites to give them “locks for the week.” Anyone have any recommendations?
I had a friend who was a bookie and also ran a 900# phone service in the 90s with 'locks of the week' - it was a scam, I always assumed most are.

He'd pick a game and tell half the callers one team, and half the callers the other. If he gave you a loser you woukd get next week's lock for free. He'd get thousands of calls at $3.95 per call, about half thought he was a genius and half thought he was wrong, but he'd give those callers that lost a freebie the next week - so almost everyone would call back next week plus another new wave of first-time callers, and even the freebies would pay again if they got a winner. He was making like $12k a week, minimum (I think he got just under $3 a call).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, isired said:

I had a friend who was a bookie and also ran a 900# phone service in the 90s with 'locks of the week' - it was a scam, I always assumed most are.

He'd pick a game and tell half the callers one team, and half the callers the other. If he gave you a loser you woukd get next week's lock for free. He'd get thousands of calls at $3.95 per call, about half thought he was a genius and half thought he was wrong, but he'd give those callers that lost a freebie the next week - so almost everyone would call back next week plus another new wave of first-time callers, and even the freebies would pay again if they got a winner. He was making like $12k a week, minimum (I think he got just under $3 a call).

Wow ???

2 hours ago, isired said:

Yep. Theres some sites that do some homework. A reliable indicator is playing line movement tbh, but most of these lock of the weeks sites are scams 

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

I usually do my research before placing a football/basketball parlay but I’ve had some awful luck recently. I know there are some people that use certain websites to give them “locks for the week.” Anyone have any recommendations? 

Also, if you haven’t signed up for DraftKings yet, I can refer you and we both get a $100 bet ? 

I bet a fair bit on sports. My advice to you:

1. Gamble what you can afford to lose. 

2. Treat each game as an independent event. 

3. Think for yourself. All the 'research' you rely on, is from information in the public domain, it doesn't give you an edge.  

4. Ignore points 1-3, and just find another hobby. Betting is a waste of time, you'll never win against the house. Get a puppy or something.