While Irritating, AJ Vaynerchuk Tells Upshaw and Agents to Cap the 07' Season

The Sowell Train

Hey guys:

Today's topic of discussion is refering to the ESPN article about how Gene Upshaw told agents and reporters to prepare for a uncapped 07.

Jets TV: http://www.JetsTv.com

Espn: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2343073

PLEASE, NFL, everyone involved, do not make the same mistake Baseball did with having no salary cap. It ruins the integrity of the sport. NFL is the best league in the world because of how it is run at the top, why change it?!?

exactly,,salary cap is what make sthe NFL what it is.

Ruined baseball,,,

baseball is basically a fantasy league for owners,,some get it right, some wrong,,

if steinbrenner owned the indians,,they would have the rings, not the yanks,,

Well, kind of true. Look at high money teams....you have to have a combination of:

Good Baseball minds+Some Money+owner willing to Spend+Good farm System= to have a shot at WS.

When Gene Michael stocked the yankee club, the Yanks won all those WS..since Steinbrenner has laid barren the farm system and spent like a hog, they have no rings. Money is not the grand ingredient..I think good baseball guys and farm system are important.

Why do you think certain teams are always good (Twins, Braves, A's)...its not money...its the GM's and the Farm...

LL

Now, look at the past ws winners since 2000....

DIamondbacks, angels, marlins, sox, White Sox....

They had some money (except Sox..who had a lot of it)..but they had good baseball guys and really used their farm system and sprinked in a Good character quality Vet or two...and POW....WS ring appeared.

I think that when the Yanks lost O'Neill and Brosuis..they lost the character as well. Jeter can't be the only character guy...now you have a bunch of me guys....Giambi, Sheffield, the Unit, Moose....that wont work in a run at the WS...

LL

exactly,,salary cap is what make sthe NFL what it is.

Ruined baseball,,,

baseball is basically a fantasy league for owners,,some get it right, some wrong,,

SJ....

The Indians have been around a long time. How did they do in the pre-moneyball days?

The Yankees win once every 4 years. Your response was turdlike in quality.

No salary cap has ruined baseball for me in a sense. I'm a big Yankees fan but you know what I'm actually somewhere deep inside glad we havn't won in a few years because it's really no fun to see any team including you'rs win year after year after year.

But its been 5 years now! COMEON BOYS WE NEED #27!

But, is is true, the salary cap is one of the many things that makes the NFL so great. 1 season without a cap (07) I would not mind. Forever without a cap? I would.

SJ....

The Indians have been around a long time. How did they do in the pre-moneyball days?

Max, having a bad day or you just feel like breaking onions today? Anyhow, this message is for Sowell Train...keep the vids coming kid, I enjoy a change a pace from reading text all day long. By the way, don't let these video's interfere with studies.:Typotux:

SJ....

not really.

yanks won in heyday when there was no draft and they signed all good players, then after draft instituted yanks slumped, that is of course until George's pockets took over.

Look, I am not saying thats the only way to win. You can spend alot (Mets) and not win. Or you can be frugal and pull one out every once in awhile. I am just saying Yank history is based on cornering market thru influence/money (old day) or pure money (currently).

AGAIN, if George had bought Cleveland, those tiitles would be in Cleveland.

This actually isn't very accurate at all. The Yankees draw a ton of income for Steinbrenner to afford to buy whatever he wants. You can rest assured that Steinbrenner is not buying everything at a loss to his own bankroll. There is not another market in the United States that would generate the income that NY does for the Yanks, therefore Steinbrenner would not have nearly the same amount to spend if he were in CLE or any other city for that matter.

This actually isn't very accurate at all. The Yankees draw a ton of income for Steinbrenner to afford to buy whatever he wants. You can rest assured that Steinbrenner is not buying everything at a loss to his own bankroll. There is not another market in the United States that would generate the income that NY does for the Yanks, therefore Steinbrenner would not have nearly the same amount to spend if he were in CLE or any other city for that matter.

duh, OK,,the cash is the point, the lack of salary cap,

u r reading way too much into subject at hand,,

peelin the onion a tad too much :eek:

Archived