Daniel Jeremiah ranks the top OL

maury77

DJ coming out swinging.

Slater is interesting because he supposedly lacks ideal length to play tackle. Some have projected him to center, others guard, some think he’s got the feet to stick. Seems like Jeremiah is saying he’s really good, though.

It’s always fun how people become entrenched in the early ideas so the Jets need to take Creed Humphrey because someone heard his name once, Biadasz last year, even Wyatt Davis was a guy this year and he’s struggled. Some of the latter names on this list could be interesting with the Seattle pick. Slater too potentially. Though I don’t know if they’d go tackle. Vera-Tucker was a guard though he’s playing LT this year. Little short though. Maybe Zack Martin vibes.

23 minutes ago, derp said:

DJ coming out swinging.

Slater is interesting because he supposedly lacks ideal length to play tackle. Some have projected him to center, others guard, some think he’s got the feet to stick. Seems like Jeremiah is saying he’s really good, though.

It’s always fun how people become entrenched in the early ideas so the Jets need to take Creed Humphrey because someone heard his name once, Biadasz last year, even Wyatt Davis was a guy this year and he’s struggled. Some of the latter names on this list could be interesting with the Seattle pick. Slater too potentially. Though I don’t know if they’d go tackle. Vera-Tucker was a guard though he’s playing LT this year. Little short though. Maybe Zack Martin vibes.

FWIW, Jeremiah was the first guy to name Becton is OL1 last year, so I respect his eye. I like Slater as an IOL, I think he can be a pro bowl C or G. He's definitely on my radar with the Jets second 1st rounder. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, maury77 said:

FWIW, Jeremiah was the first guy to name Becton is OL1 last year, so I respect his eye. I like Slater as an IOL, I think he can be a pro bowl C or G. He's definitely on my radar with the Jets second 1st rounder. 

Yup. He pointed out Becton at a time when he was being projected as a 2nd rounder. DJ led that charge. Shows how much the media scouts are followers. DJ is a real scout.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, nycdan said:

Nobody's getting clicks for putting Sewell first.  Unfortunately there is always incentive to 'be different' even if it's nonsense.  I'm no expert on these guys but nobody even has Slater in their top-5 OT so this is certainly bold.

Yes and no. I agree that Sewell is the universal no. 1, but I've seen Slater in a lot of top 5 OT lists.