Free Agency Mock (It's alot)

kdels62

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why does every Mock of our pending offseason just seem to presume we'll land not one, but like ALL the very top-desired Free Agents, no worries?

Almost as bad the annual trade down suggestions with deals that the other team’s fans would absolutely laugh at.

23 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@kdels62, overall I think it is very good. If I had to nitpick, I don't see Douglas splurging this way (though he probably should) and I like Shaq Barrett more in a 2 point stance than a 3 point stance, so I would have gone in a different direction at edge. 

I agree on Barrett. However, looking at costs and expected pay Barrett was the best player. I don’t like Judon or Ngakoue for the same money as Barrett. So I went for the best player overall.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Appreciate the effort but every year a lot of the top players are resigned just before or during the tampering period so we really don’t know who is actually available 

Specifically, I don’t necessarily believe Barrett and Thuney reach FA.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I agree on Barrett. However, looking at costs and expected pay Barrett was the best player. I don’t like Judon or Ngakoue for the same money as Barrett. So I went for the best player overall.

In the mocks I've run, I've gambled more on the value plays like Hendrickson and Okwara

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

In the mocks I've run, I've gambled more on the value plays like Hendrickson and Okwara

Definitely more value. I don’t know much about Okwara other than measurables and stats. Hendrickson, to me, fits the mold of JFM and Phillips and Zuniga (I guess) of an outside guy than can also do it on the inside. I went with a more sure and pure outside guy in Barrett. In the end, we have to bring someone on board to help the Edge.