Kurt Warner 2021 Draft QB Rankings

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Isn’t that a tweet of Warner’s? How is something a guy tweeted himself a quote taken out of context?

Isn’t it okay for him to be both extremely talented and hard to analyze as the tweet stated?

No, the tweet is taken out of context without understanding the whole scope of his views.  Taking something out of context is always using the persons actual words - it's just telling one part of the story.

You can view in the video, the whole context. it's not hard to watch.

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, the tweet is taken out of context without understanding the whole scope of his views.  Taking something out of context is always using the persons actual words - it's just telling one part of the story.

You can view in the video, the whole context. it's not hard to watch.

I watched the video. I know he likes Wilson.

A quote out of context is when something is left out the quote that changes the intended meaning of what was said.

It’s Warner’s tweet. It’s not even a quote. Nothing was removed from the full thought he was trying to share. He meant both things he said. 

I know you like Wilson. Warner likes Wilson. Calling Warner’s full tweet without any editing a quote out of context is a massive reach.

1 minute ago, derp said:

I watched the video. I know he likes Wilson.

A quote out of context is when something left out something that changes the intended meaning of what was said.

It’s Warner’s tweet. It’s not even a quote. Nothing was removed from the full thought he was trying to share. He meant both things he said. 

Stop...it's half the story.

The full story is he likes the way he reads defenses - he has a lot of film on the way he can read body language, positions, defenders turning their backs, coverage types etc...that he's a very smart QB - then he explains he doesn't have a ton of film on him going through progressions because it doesn't exist, but the video he does have - he's good at it.

If you want to make semantic arguments you can certainly feel free to do so, I'm not going to fight you on definitions ---- the point I'm making is that Tweet is only a part of the story of what Warner thinks about Wilson's ability to read defenses.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop...it's half the story.

The full story is he likes the way he reads defenses - he has a lot of film on the way he can read body language, positions, defenders turning their backs, coverage types etc...that he's a very smart QB - then he explains he doesn't have a ton of film on him going through progressions because it doesn't exist, but the video he does have - he's good at it.

If you want to make semantic arguments you can certainly feel free to do so, I'm not going to fight you on definitions ---- the point I'm making is that Tweet is only a part of the story of what Warner thinks about Wilson's ability to read defenses.

You stop.

Who in their right mind would think that a blurb the length of a tweet would be the entirety of the analysis that Warner would have on Wilson? When did anyone say it’s the full story?

Why would you need to clarify that it isn’t the full story? You came in making it seem like that wasn’t what Warner meant...but I’m fairly confident he meant it.

None of his other perspective on Wilson in any way negates what was said in the tweet.

I know you like Wilson but running to his defense on small legitimate criticisms coming from folks who also like him is borderline insufferable.