Pats run seems to be ending

SouthernJet

It just seems with the coaching defections, age and just the plain cyclical nature of sports, the Pats stranglehold is starting to lessen.

It will take a season or two, and with Belly, they will always be competitive, but the dominance has definitly started its spiral downward.

It just seems with the coaching defections, age and just the plain cyclical nature of sports, the Pats stranglehold is starting to lessen.

It will take a season or two, and with Belly, they will always be competitive, but the dominance has definitly started its spiral.

One can only hope !!!!

It will take a season or two, and with Belly, they will always be competitive, but the dominance has definitly started its spiral downward.

I'm just curious, but what lead you to this conclusion? The fact that we released McGinest (who will be back with us in two weeks) and will most likely lose our starting kicker?

I'm just curious, but what lead you to this conclusion? The fact that we released McGinest (who will be back with us in two weeks) and will most likely lose our starting kicker?

all the vibes are there.

coaching changes usually take a year or two to have effect.

brady gettin older and less into the whole lets win thing.

poor performance in crunch time last year as opposed to pevious seasons,,its all there for the trained eye.

sometimes you have to take the rose colored glasses off.

they are still solid playoff team for maybe another year or two, but the super bowl days and dominace are over.

Know the song, "Under my Thumb" by the Rolling Stones?

Anyway, seems to me that most Jest fan considered the Pats run "luck" - now it's considered "dominance?" ;)

"The change has come .....she's under my thumb"

Know the song, "Under my Thumb" by the Rolling Stones?

Anyway, seems to me that most Jest fan considered the Pats run "luck" - now it's considered "dominance?" ;)

"The change has come .....she's under my thumb"

uh ok,,

it wasnt luck, it was great football, great coaching etc.

but stuff changes, like i said they will always be competitive, but the top dog days are over

uh ok,,

it wasnt luck, it was great football, great coaching etc.

but stuff changes, like i said they will always be competitive, but the top dog days are over

Tuck was Luck .... I hear Stones are coming out with this new song

I pray to the football gods every day for an end of the pats recent run of success,I'm not so sure that it's over though.I do believe they need to start looking at replacements for guys like Bruschi,Harrison and Dillon but are still basicly built around the system and not the players,they can probably find replacements for these guys in the next two drafts.If they can get good performances from these guys then there isn't much of a reason that they can't compete.

It will be interesting to see how they cope in their second year with out weis,the offense struggled at times last year and could decline even more.

It will be interesting to see how they cope in their second year with out weis,the offense struggled at times last year and could decline even more.

Do you guys just make things up?

The Pats offense last season was more prolific then any year CW was the OC.

Do you guys just make things up?

The Pats offense last season was more prolific then any year CW was the OC.

You had problems running the ball and failed to make adjustments once defenses shut down your offense,making adjustments was the thing that Weis excelled at,.It may look better on paper but it's the worst it's been since 2002.

And do you think the Pats slow, fat-assed RB had anything to do with that?

Well Dillon was excellent in 2004 but never got going.I don't think he was carrying an injury(um... until he got hurt) so i think it made a difference.Either way it's hard to claim an offense is prolific when you have "Slow,fat assed" running backs.

Well Dillon was excellent in 2004 but never got going.I don't think he was carrying an injury(um... until he got hurt) so i think it made a difference.Either way it's hard to claim an offense is prolific when you have "Slow,fat assed" running backs.

Dillon had a pathetic season last year.

First he was slow hitting the hole.

Second, he lost his speed/quickness to break a play to the outside.

Third, he danced way too much instead of running north and south.

Fourth, he did not run nearly as hard as he did in 2004.

Injury or not, he was highly ineffective for the Pats last year.

Dillon's DONE:baby:

see , even Tx sees the decline starting to happen

Are we talking about Antowain Smith or Corey Dillon here? Kind of scary when you actually compare their first year with the team to their second. Almost identical.

In the Pats first SB run, Atowain Smith was more responsible for that team's success late in the year, than Tom Brady was.

Smith carried that team

I agree with that 100%.

Smith had some outstanding games down the stretch and was a monster in the playoffs that year.

Talk about stepping it up at the right time.;)

TX - sometimes this kindred bunk you have going on with Jets fans is kind of ...um....sickening. Stop it, please.

:lol:

BTW - Clock Killin' Corey Dillon was pretty instrumental in our last SB. One of the keys to the Pats continued success to continue to part ways with it's aging vets at the right time.

Put me down as having zero issue at releasing Dillon and picking up Edgerin James! ;)

TX - sometimes this kindred bunk you have going on with Jets fans is kind of ...um....sickening. Stop it, please.

:lol:

BTW - Clock Killin' Corey Dillon was pretty instrumental in our last SB. One of the keys to the Pats continued success to continue to part ways with it's aging vets at the right time.

Put me down as having zero issue at releasing Dillon and picking up Edgerin James! ;)

Difference though, is that Smith was being keyed on by defenses.

Dillon had the advantage of a Brady that was a defnses' key.

Big difference there.

...um, Smith was great when the weather sucked. That said, this would be a typical Smith day at the office in December (not Sept, Oct or Nov):

92 yards on 23 carries with a 4 ypc avg (although it includes one run for 68 yard run).

Lets make no bones about it, that first SB was all defense, special teams and the Charlie Wiess dink and dunk - screen baby screen - offense.

If the Jets released a 34-year old linebacker, we would all be praised the everloving **** out of the new regime.

The rest of the AFC East is still the Pats' bitch until proven otherwise. Last time I checked, they still had Tom Brady. Quite frankly, that's all you need.

If the Jets released a 34-year old linebacker, we would all be praised the everloving **** out of the new regime.

The rest of the AFC East is still the Pats' bitch until proven otherwise. Last time I checked, they still had Tom Brady. Quite frankly, that's all you need.

We shall see, pats are very old at LB and still have to sign Givens and AV

AV has won all 3 SB's the last i looked

Agreed, there's no reason to believe the Pats won't win the East this year. The Jets and Bills have no chance, and I personally believe Miami needs at least another season. I don't think they were as good as their 9-7 mark last season, anyhow.

Now that you said that I know for sure they will be back with a vengeance next season. They still have the best coach, best quarterback and a front 7 on defense that is excellent when Bruschi is healthy.

If New England has a good draft this year, which they will, watch out.

Archived