Jets @ Colts 11/4

On 9/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, kcody9 said:

I am heading to Indy for the Thursday nighter in early November. Wanted to see if there was anyone else planning on making the trip to see if there is a common hotel or pre-game party planned. 

I might be going.  I live in Chicago and it is an easy 3 hour drive for me, but I am going to wait until later in the season to see if it seems to be worth the trip.  I have been to Indy for a few games -- the stadium is right downtown -- and in the past Jet fans gathered for pre-game in one of the downtown bars.

I would suggest you check back in closer to the game.

• Upvote 1

I have tickets for this game as I live about 3 hours away in Ohio. However, I am seriously reconsidering wasting the time and the money to go support this product on the field. I have never been to Indy and have always wanted to see lucas oil so that may still be enough to get me to go, but I'm heavily considering selling my tickets at this point. 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, BroadwayBen said:

I have tickets for this game as I live about 3 hours away in Ohio. However, I am seriously reconsidering wasting the time and the money to go support this product on the field. I have never been to Indy and have always wanted to see lucas oil so that may still be enough to get me to go, but I'm heavily considering selling my tickets at this point. 

I don't have tickets yet, but I am planning to go.

Spending money for the experience of going to another NFL stadium and city.  **** the Jets.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked forward to this game for months. Now, with Zach wilson most likely out for multiple weeks, as well as staring down the barrel of 1-6, I literally see no point in wasting the money on the tickets/hotel. 

Couple this with the fact that those hits were late and low and nothing was done about it! I'm just extremely low and disappointed with these circumstances. Maybe we will hear some positive news, but it sure isn't sounding good so far. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:16 AM, BroadwayBen said:

Looked forward to this game for months. Now, with Zach wilson most likely out for multiple weeks, as well as staring down the barrel of 1-6, I literally see no point in wasting the money on the tickets/hotel. 

Couple this with the fact that those hits were late and low and nothing was done about it! I'm just extremely low and disappointed with these circumstances. Maybe we will hear some positive news, but it sure isn't sounding good so far. 

This aged a bit poorly, although I'm not upset about that lol. I think I am going to make the trip up now thursday. Never been to Indy and never been to Lucas oil, plus haven't had a trip with my father in awhile so just feels like the right move is to go and enjoy. And hey, maybe the jets surprise once again this thursday night! 

• Upvote 1

Wow, all of a sudden it's also about the game and not just checking out a game day experience (and stadium) in another city.  And also to reaffirm my belief that Giant Stadium II is the most dysfunctional stadium in the NFL.  Maybe the drive back to Long Island won't be too bad, but then again who am I fooling.

Any suggestions on a pre-game meet up?

@IndianaJet @JTJet

Recommendations?

Thinking of doing The Eagle for chicken and beers prior to the game and have a reservation for St. Elmo's on Friday night.

Planning to just walk around the city a bit on Friday.  Any specific recommendations?  Great breakfast or lunch place?  Things I should do?  Don't mind getting in an Uber.

Also, IndianaJet, those free club seats available ;)

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

@IndianaJet @JTJet

Recommendations?

Thinking of doing The Eagle for chicken and beers prior to the game and have a reservation for St. Elmo's on Friday night.

Planning to just walk around the city a bit on Friday.  Any specific recommendations?  Great breakfast or lunch place?  Things I should do?  Don't mind getting in an Uber.

Also, IndianaJet, those free club seats available ;)

The Eagle is pretty good. Bru Burger is good for lunch and it's right down the street from there on Mass Ave, which would be the place to go, it's like a food/shopping/arts district.

Breakfast places are sort of slim downtown, but there's a couple places like Yolk. Or just hit Lincoln square pancake house just north of downtown about 3 or 4 minutes. 

If you're looking for good beer try Mashcraft, Scarlet Lane, or Daredevil. All quick Uber rides around the city, no more than 10 minutes. 

Butler mens basketball has a game Friday night at Hinkle fieldhouse, so do the Indy Fuel (Blackhawks farm league). Both around 7 Friday. Both within 15 mins of downtown. 

I think the X Ambassadors are performing downtown Friday night as well, not sure what your music tastes are lol. 

It depends on what your style is.

The Eagle is a pretty good choice, Oakmont is right up the street from the Eagle and is a trendy hangout for the 20-something crowd that frequents that Mass Ave. area.  There's just tons of really good places up and down Mass Ave....it's hard to go wrong.  Friday night out on Mass ave is usually fun with lots of ridicuolously attractive young midwestern women roaming about.

You can't go wrong with St. Elmos.  There's a lounge attached to it called 1933 which is top notch if you're into whiskey and such...but it's part of Elmo's so it's pretty pricey.

If you're more of a beer and chicken finger kind of guy, there's a really good neighborhood style pub called Coaches' Tavern.  It's a block north of the Fieldhouse where the Pacers play (I'm honestly not sure what the new corporate sponsor is).  Coaches is a small place with good bar food and friendly bartenders.  If you head there for lunch on Friday say hi to Amber for me.  Tell her Rob sent you over.  If she's not sure which Rob, just tell her the one who's a Jets fan who she is secretly in love with.

As for the tickets....I'm leaning towards going with my buddy now.  Unfortunately they're not mine so I can't give them away!

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

The Eagle is pretty good. Bru Burger is good for lunch and it's right down the street from there on Mass Ave, which would be the place to go, it's like a food/shopping/arts district.

Breakfast places are sort of slim downtown, but there's a couple places like Yolk. Or just hit Lincoln square pancake house just north of downtown about 3 or 4 minutes. 

If you're looking for good beer try Mashcraft, Scarlet Lane, or Daredevil. All quick Uber rides around the city, no more than 10 minutes. 

Butler mens basketball has a game Friday night at Hinkle fieldhouse,

I think the X Ambassadors are performing downtown Friday night as well, not sure what your music tastes are lol. 

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

It depends on what your style is.

The Eagle is a pretty good choice, Oakmont is right up the street from the Eagle and is a trendy hangout for the 20-something crowd that frequents that Mass Ave. area.  There's just tons of really good places up and down Mass Ave....it's hard to go wrong.  Friday night out on Mass ave is usually fun with lots of ridicuolously attractive young midwestern women roaming about.

You can't go wrong with St. Elmos.  There's a lounge attached to it called 1933 which is top notch if you're into whiskey and such...but it's part of Elmo's so it's pretty pricey.

If you're more of a beer and chicken finger kind of guy, there's a really good neighborhood style pub called Coaches' Tavern.  It's a block north of the Fieldhouse where the Pacers play (I'm honestly not sure what the new corporate sponsor is).  Coaches is a small place with good bar food and friendly bartenders.  If you head there for lunch on Friday say hi to Amber for me.  Tell her Rob sent you over.  If she's not sure which Rob, just tell her the one who's a Jets fan who she is secretly in love with.

As for the tickets....I'm leaning towards going with my buddy now.  Unfortunately they're not mine so I can't give them away!

Thank you both.

Will look into Yolk and the Pancake House.  Also heard about Cafe Patchou?

Our "style" is extremely low key.  We're not going to party.  But, I'm sure the young ridiculously attractive midwestern women will flock towards me and my dad wherever we go.  He just got social security, so I'm sure they'll be all over him.  Friday night, it'll probably just be dinner, maybe a drink afterwards, and call it a night.  So, maybe one of the beer places you guys mentioned, or just go to the Lounge at St. Elmo's.

Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Thank you both.

Will look into Yolk and the Pancake House.  Also heard about Cafe Patchou?

Our "style" is extremely low key.  We're not going to party.  But, I'm sure the young ridiculously attractive midwestern women will flock towards me and my dad wherever we go.  He just got social security, so I'm sure they'll be all over him.  Friday night, it'll probably just be dinner, maybe a drink afterwards, and call it a night.  So, maybe one of the beer places you guys mentioned, or just go to the Lounge at St. Elmo's.

Looking forward to it.

Also, for something different. Theres a good hole in the wall jazz club called the Chatterbox, it's on Mass Ave as well. Live jazz every night. 

• Upvote 2