Moulds wants out of Buffalo

Bills | Moulds asks for his release

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:25:54 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Democrat and Chronicle, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, who has been asked to take a substantial cut in pay, wants the team to release him from the final two years of his contract so he can sign with another team. "Let him go, it's only fair," Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal advisor, said today after talking with his client. "If they're not going to pay what we feel is fair-market value, he should be allowed to go somewhere where he could maybe get it." Moulds is scheduled to count $10.8 million against the salary cap and he's due to earn $7.1 million in cash (salary and bonus) for the upcoming season.

Bills | Moulds asks for his release

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:25:54 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Democrat and Chronicle, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, who has been asked to take a substantial cut in pay, wants the team to release him from the final two years of his contract so he can sign with another team. "Let him go, it's only fair," Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal advisor, said today after talking with his client. "If they're not going to pay what we feel is fair-market value, he should be allowed to go somewhere where he could maybe get it." Moulds is scheduled to count $10.8 million against the salary cap and he's due to earn $7.1 million in cash (salary and bonus) for the upcoming season.

Moulds has been a great receiver with pretty much horrible QB's for his entire career in BUF. He finally spoke up last year because he doesn't think Losman is going to be any good. Add to that the team has the nerve to ask him for a paycut and that spells the end for him in BUF. I'm glad not only because he deserves better, but also to see him leave the AFCE division.

daniel snyder just got happy

....again

If Washington was to sign Moulds then I think I'd have to fly to Washington and kick the crap out of Snyder personally. What the hell would they need with another reciever? They need a QB to throw them the freakin' ball! Gibbs has got to stop this man love for Brunell.

daniel snyder just got happy

....again

According to reports, the Redskins are done with big name free agents for this year.

I would not touch Moulds with the contract he's going to be looking for.

He's no longer a gamebreaker at 33. He is a possession receiver, as evidenced by his 10.1 yards per catch last season.

If Washington was to sign Moulds then I think I'd have to fly to Washington and kick the crap out of Snyder personally. What the hell would they need with another reciever? They need a QB to throw them the freakin' ball! Gibbs has got to stop this man love for Brunell.

....ever heard or sarcasm? lol

According to reports, the Redskins are done with big name free agents for this year.

I would not touch Moulds with the contract he's going to be looking for.

He's no longer a gamebreaker at 33. He is a possession receiver, as evidenced by his 10.1 yards per catch last season.

His 10.1 per was alot more indicative of the guy throwing the ball than of himself. He's got plenty lefyt in the tank, and with a good QB he is still one of the top 5 receivers in the league.

Moulds is no longer a top 5 receiver but he has a couple good seasons left in him.

Older receivers can adjust and use their experience, skill and route-running to compensate for diminishing speed. Just look at Cris Carter, Jerry Rice and now Joey Galloway in Tampa.

By contrast alot of younger recievers who should be studs are struggling to adjust to the nfl like Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson.

The best fit for Moulds is either New England, Philly, Denver or Atlanta.

His 10.1 per was alot more indicative of the guy throwing the ball than of himself. He's got plenty lefyt in the tank, and with a good QB he is still one of the top 5 receivers in the league.

Then how did Lee Evans average 15.5 yards per reception?

The Bills QBs are garbage, but Moulds has clearly lost a step.

Archived