D'brickshaw vs Mario Williams

Blackout

Who?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who?

I don't like either guy at #4. If you are going to pay a guy top five money, then he should at least touch the ball. The only positions worth that kind of money are QB, RB, WR, MLB, or CB! There is a reason why almost all Team, League, or NFL MVP awards go to players in tese positions.

If those are my choices I chose Brick. I still prefer to trade down as he's not the only talented OT this year by far (just the most talented & ready-to-play LT). That's ultimately what tailored my decision. You don't give someone that much coin if he's not going to be an every down player starting with game one in 2006. JMO.

Mario wouldn't upset me at all (and I think that's where we're leaning if it came down to these two) since we're going to be doing a lot of 3-4 and Kimo is neither a youngster nor a long-term solution. Also Kimo gives us someone to push Mario in camp insted of resting on his draft slot.

But I don't think we're going to take either, given:

• the depth at OT this year; it's not necessary to burn the #4 on an OT
  • we pick again at #35 (notwithstanding another pick for Abe) where 1+ high quality OT talent (Winston, Scott, etc) will still fall
  • the recent addition of Kimo
  • gaping hole at NT
  • long-term hole at QB

I think we're going to go with Cutler or Ngata if we're unable to trade down (which I still believe is their first preference).

If those are my choices I chose Brick. I still prefer to trade down as he's not the only talented OT this year by far (just the most talented & ready-to-play LT). That's ultimately what tailored my decision. You don't give someone that much coin if he's not going to be an every down player starting with game one in 2006. JMO.

Mario wouldn't upset me at all (and I think that's where we're leaning if it came down to these two) since we're going to be doing a lot of 3-4 and Kimo is neither a youngster nor a long-term solution. Also Kimo gives us someone to push Mario in camp insted of resting on his draft slot.

But I don't think we're going to take either, given:

• the depth at OT this year; it's not necessary to burn the #4 on an OT
  • we pick again at #35 (notwithstanding another pick for Abe) where 1+ high quality OT talent (Winston, Scott, etc) will still fall
  • the recent addition of Kimo
  • gaping hole at NT
  • long-term hole at QB

I think we're going to go with Cutler or Ngata if we're unable to trade down (which I still believe is their first preference).

That is right on the money. If we want to get better without having to wait forever we need to trade down now. Draft Cutler or Young at 4 and swap for multiple picks.

If we can get 2 1st Round picks that would be great.

This draft has excellent depth at OT. We can easily get a quality OT who is ready to start in Round 2. Winston, Colledge, O'Callaghan and Whitworth will all be there.

If we can get a stud running back (White, Addai or Maroney) in Round 1 AND a stud tight end (Davis or Pope) in Round 1 we will be good next year.

White/Pope = NY Jets' Tomlinson/Gates

Archived