Mets fans know exactly how Braves fans feel right now

section314

June 15th, 1977. March 16th, 2022. A day that fans of the Mets and Braves thought they would never see. Two guys who were the face of their teams from the moment they set foot in the Big Leagues are gone. Every 4th day, you knew you were getting perfection on the mound, just like you watched your #3 hitter get clutch hit after clutch hit day after day. Far be it for me, a lifelong Met fan, to feel badly for the Braves, but today I make an exception. I know that at the end of the day, baseball is a business, but some days it's just plain old cruel, and it really sucks.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

I am with JF80 on this one.  F the Braves.  Player movement is expected today much more so than it was in the 70s.  And as good as Freeman is, he is not in the same class as Seaver.

That's a different situation.  Braves let Freeman walk and the Mets traded one of the best pitchers ever...they should have waited a bit longer on Nolan Ryan as well.