Fins sign Pep, release Gus and save 10 Mill in 06 cap space!!!!

feelthepain

KFFL

Dolphins | Frerotte release saves $4.38M

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:07:02 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports by releasing QB Gus Frerotte, the Miami Dolphins saved $4.38 million against the 2006 salary cap.

Dolphins | Culpepper to be late for offseason program

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:14:01 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) will be at the team's offseason program starting March 27, seven days after the program begins. Culpepper will be given permission to arrive late, due to personal reasons. Saban added that Culpepper will be present for coaching sessions and organized team activities.

Dolphins | Saban hopes Culpepper will be ready for opener

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:15:28 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that the team hopes to have QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) ready for the 2006 regular season opener. "We're going to manage that on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis, working in conjunction with the doctors, his physical therapist, our people," said Saban. "I don't think it's an unrealistic circumstance to think that there's a great possibility that he will, but we're going to work through it and at no time and under no circumstance will we put him at risk of re-injury because he's not ready to be there."

This just keeps getting better and better Franchise QB and cap space to boot. We still haven't restructured Zach or JT and we have all kinds of room to make FA upgrades. J.Peterson would be a nice addition to our LB's

I'm just curious, what goes through your head when you post this stuff on a Jets fan based site? Are you looking for props? I don't understand...please let me know...I know I wouldn't be running to a fins site to post Jets news...what the frill for?

This just keeps getting better and better Franchise QB and cap space to boot. We still haven't restructured Zach or JT and we have all kinds of room to make FA upgrades. J.Peterson would be a nice addition to our LB's

What's the deal with Culpepper's knee injury?

Was it a ligament tear or something else?

I'm just curious, what goes through your head when you post this stuff on a Jets fan based site? Are you looking for props? I don't understand...please let me know...I know I wouldn't be running to a fins site to post Jets news...what the frill for?

This is football news, more specifically, division news! I would think Jet fans would want to know. The Fins are big rivals with the Jets......I thought you might need that bit of info too, so you can keep up with the division, thats a group of four teams that play each other twice a year, every year, along with their non division games. That makes up a football schedule. We play in the AFC east!!! The other two teams are the Pats and Bills!! I thought you may be interested in our cap situation because we might go after a plyer the Jets might want, so I don't have to read another....I thought the Fins had cap issues.

What's the deal with Culpepper's knee injury?

Was it a ligament tear or something else?

He passed his physical with the the Doctors and the trade has been completed. His knee is the same type of injury suffered by W.McGehee and E.James and the prognosis at this point is he's ahead of schedule. There seems to be a lot of optimism over his ability to recover fully. Last I read, he's in his 9th month of recovery.

How does it feel to have an injured QB who they are going to rush back into action too soon all the while telling you "he is ready, he is fine"? because I can tell you it sucks! Congrats, hope it all works out for ya (just not too well)

haha we know that all too well with Pennington

How does it feel to have an injured QB who they are going to rush back into action too soon all the while telling you "he is ready, he is fine"? because I can tell you it sucks! Congrats, hope it all works out for ya (just not too well)

Hows it feel to go from Gus to Daunte??? Great, we now have a QB that has the potential to lift the fins to the next level. At the very least we have a real shot at being a strong team.

He passed his physical with the the Doctors and the trade has been completed. His knee is the same type of injury suffered by W.McGehee and E.James and the prognosis at this point is he's ahead of schedule. There seems to be a lot of optimism over his ability to recover fully. Last I read, he's in his 9th month of recovery.

How is he possibly in his ninth month of recovery? It's March. Ninth months ago, it was June, two months before the season even began.

Archived