Cimini on some draft buzz

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They had $48M this year, 2022, they have $19M left.  After the money needed for draft picks they will have spent right up to the cap.  Your usual complaint

Those numbers dont reflect cuts like GVR, Griffin and possibly Rankins that are yet to happen 

The Jets "spend up the cap" but they don't maximize those numbers. They could be doing more thats my  usual complaint

considering this team hasn't won a division game in 3 years I'd say my complaints have validity 

it doesn't take 10 years to rebuild a roster, Jet Nut

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Those numbers dont reflect cuts like GVR, Griffin and possibly Rankins that are yet to happen 

The Jets "spend up the cap" but they don't maximize those numbers. They could be doing more thats my  usual complaint

considering this team hasn't won a division game in 3 years I'd say my complaints have validity 

it doesn't take 10 years to rebuild a roster, Jet Nut

Now we're on the Jets do spend to the cap but they dont MAXIZE those numbers.

It took the Bills.  It took the Fins, Its taken double that for the Lions.  It took the Chiefs forever.  Cleveland?  It can take time, especially when you draft like shlt and try to build through FA.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now we're on the Jets do spend to the cap but they dont MAXIZE those numbers.

It took the Bills.  It took the Fins, Its taken double that for the Lions.  It took the Chiefs forever.  Cleveland?  It can take time, especially when you draft like shlt and try to build through FA.

They don't. They never end up above the cap they rarely spend to it and they don't seem to ever find the bag to give to veterans. 

this discussion we're having it's really about rebuilding  - are they still rebuilding? if so yes you let Fant and Mcgovern walk and draft kids 

but Zach Wilson is on his rookie contract - now is when they should be done rebuilding- with Zach Wilson on his rookie deal, this is the time to have a rebuilt roster 

if they really are still rebuilding, they are running out of time

Zach wilson will require a 100 million dollar deal in 4 years and that's that as far as roster construction 

• Haha 1