Today is the day we became the Jets!

doitny

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I remember the Titans. Still like the name Jets better!

Most fans will “like” the name Jets better. Most fans have their 13-year old emotional state emerge when it comes to sports.

Liking it isn’t my point.

Divorcing myself from FA hood… Titans is a better name, purely from the standpoint of brand strategy. All day, every day.

11 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment - The New York Times

i remember my friend got us season tickets for Kotites last year. i guess he knew they were going to be bad. we used to go to the spiral with the rest of the pot smokers at halftime. this is what you guys are talking about right?

remember years later reading that the state police conducted a sting opp and busted like 50 people at one game. 

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Really an ill-advised brand strategy decision. I know we all “live” the Jets and nobody wants to … heaven forbid … critique something we hold dear.

But, the name “Jets” is stupid. It harkens back to a time period where it was a trendy term for technological advancements… and is entirely irrelevant now.

Titans was a timeless name. Also, eclipsed the Giants.

Blue and yellow (not golden mustard) would have been dope for us too. 

Oh well. 

Jets are eternal/futuristic! wachta talkin about! one of the best names in NFL!