Culpepper to wear #8

Dolphins | Culpepper to wear No. 8

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:10:14 -0800

Kevin Lerner, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports new Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will be switching his uniform number from the No. 11 he wore in Minnesota to No. 8. "I grew up wearing it in high school, grew up wearing it in college and I am going to switch back because everybody down here in Florida knows me as '8,' " Culpepper told ESPN. "It has good karma, so I am going to switch it back to '8'. Ride it out into the sunset with No. 8."

So i take it that he doesn't really scare any of you Jets fans now that he's a Dolphin? I think he could surprise some people next year in Miami. He'll certainly have a good running game to support him. I dunno about their O-line though.

Hard to say. In 2004, he had as good of a season as could be expected from any QB in history. And Minny was still 8-8. Now whether that was a reflection on the defense, Culpepper, or both...we'll see.

I didn't want him for the Jets, but I'd be lying if I said I'd rather him with Miami than Detroit. He's definitely an x-factor.

So i take it that he doesn't really scare any of you Jets fans now that he's a Dolphin? I think he could surprise some people next year in Miami. He'll certainly have a good running game to support him. I dunno about their O-line though.

Only in that it is an upgrade for the QB position for the Dolphins. I mean, they won 9 games with a bunch of re-treads.

Dante could be dangerous but he has to show us that he can learn a new system, play without Moss (went 6 TDs 12 Ints last year) and be healthy. Those are some big ifs.

If he hits those three and makes Chambers his new Moss, yes, we should be worried.

BZ

Only in that it is an upgrade for the QB position for the Dolphins. I mean, they won 9 games with a bunch of re-treads.

Dante could be dangerous but he has to show us that he can learn a new system, play without Moss (went 6 TDs 12 Ints last year) and be healthy. Those are some big ifs.

If he hits those three and makes Chambers his new Moss, yes, we should be worried.

BZ

Ummm, what new system would that be??? We are running the same system Pep played in 2004 when he had that monster season 4700 yrds, 39 TD's , 2005 he had no Moss and no Linehan. The system we run now (Linehan's) he knows very, very well.

Ummm, what new system would that be??? We are running the same system Pep played in 2004 when he had that monster season 4700 yrds, 39 TD's , 2005 he had no Moss and no Linehan. The system we run now (Linehan's) he knows very, very well.

You're keeping Leinhan's system even though he is now the HC in St.Louis? Odd.

You're keeping Leinhan's system even though he is now the HC in St.Louis? Odd.

Not really odd, Saban thinks it's eaiser for 1 OC to learn a new system then it is for the whole O to learn a new system. It also helps because Miami would have their third new system in as many years if Saban where to allow MM to bring in a new system. My guess is MM will add some of his own stuff, but the system won't change much.

Archived