I F*&^ing Hate Gary Myers

SlugORama99

Is it just me or does every article he writes about the Jets include smarmy, negative comments? He clearly is a bitter little dweeb who must have had his head stuffed in his locker by the football players in high school. As the Daily News' "National" football writer, I don't think he has ever scooped anyone on a story and just repeats things that we have already read/heard days earlier! He's such a douchebag.

Abraham deal not down Pat

BY GARY MYERS

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

It's never easy for the Jets. They finally completed the Patrick Ramsey deal yesterday, giving up a sixth-round pick to the Redskins, providing insurance and competition for Chad Pennington. But trading John Abraham has turned into a three-team soap opera, with the Falcons and Seahawks filling out the supporting cast.

Abraham, the Jets' franchise player, would have to sign off on any trade before it becomes complete. Only the Jets would get stuck in a situation where:

The Falcons have worked out a contract with Abraham, but have been unable to work out the compensation with the Jets. Atlanta refused to part with backup QB Matt Schaub as part of a package with a second-round pick. Taking Schaub out of the deal, they refuse to give up their first-round pick, 15th overall. The Falcons, who hosted Abraham in Atlanta the last two days, have offered their second-round pick, 47th overall. Abraham, who is from South Carolina, wants to play in Atlanta.

The Seahawks have agreed to send their first-round pick, 31st overall, to the Jets for Abraham, who visited Seattle this week before going to Atlanta. But the NFC champs have not worked out a contract with Abraham, which will be difficult if he only wants to play for the Falcons.

"The Jets have to get the best deal they possibly can and right now, that's Seattle," a person familiar with the Jets' thinking said yesterday. "Seattle has made the best offer, period."

The Jets were heavily criticized for receiving just a fourth-round pick for Herm Edwards, in a deal negotiated by Terry Bradway. New GM Mike Tannenbaum must get equal value for Abraham, one of the top pass rushers in the league, and that should include a No. 1 pick. Abraham is believed to want $18 million guaranteed in a long-term deal. It's still possible the Jets will try to sign Abraham to a long-term deal or force him to play for the $8.3 million franchise tag.

Ramsey, who twice lost his job to Mark Brunell in the two years after Joe Gibbs took over the Redskins, was a No. 1 pick in 2002 and is 10-14 as a starter. He gives Jets rookie coach Eric Mangini a veteran presence along with Pennington, who in October had his second shoulder surgery in an eight-month period.

Ramsey is reunited with Laveranues Coles, his favorite target in the two years Coles played with the Redskins. "I am grateful that Coach Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum have brought me here to compete," Ramsey said. "I understand Coach Mangini is going to play the best players and that's all I can ask for."

I seriously hate this guy.

He's a jacka**. "The Jets must take Vince Young" - it doesnt get much dumber than that.

He doesnt know jack about football. He's a pathetic giants fan, and when it comes to the Jets he always knocks them! I would pay good money to see him get his a** kicked.

I seriously hate this guy.

He's a jacka**. "The Jets must take Vince Young" - it doesnt get much dumber than that.

He doesnt know jack about football. He's a pathetic giants fan, and when it comes to the Jets he always knocks them! I would pay good money to see him get his a** kicked.

How much are you willing to give me? I would definitely do it!!!! :box:

that looks kinda like alk on a good hair day

Seriously, what do you have against white people? Freakin' racist. Oh yeah, and the day you grow a sack and post your own picture is the day you can make fun of my hair. Last I heard, they haven't been able to grow a sack out of a big sloppy vagina though.

He's a journalist, not an employee of the Jets PR dep't. If you want nothing but positive accolades and want to hear that Tannenbaum and Mangini leak champagne and defecate roses read the fan message boards. If you want unbiased opinion read the beat writers and national media.

Archived